Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Need a sunscreen that doesn't get oily or flake off!

Hey everyone. I need recommendations, because I'm about at my wits' end when it comes to sunscreen. 

I need to wear a strong-ish sunscreen (SPF 25+) because of the prescription Benzaclin I use, which increases UV sensitivity, but I've tried so many and I can't find one that doesn't either a) make my face oily all day or b) flake off/pill up throughout the day. I have naturally oily skin that behaves more like combination skin since I've been using Benzaclin.

So far I've tried:

• Lancome Bienfait UV Super Fluid (too oily)
  • Jack Black Double Duty Moisturizer (too oily)
  • Clarins UV 50 (flakes/pills)
  • La Roche Posay Anthelios XL Dry Touch Gel-Cream (flakes)
  • Clinique Super City Block (flakes/pills AND too oily)

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I'm so frustrated with repeatedly guessing and failing, haha. Thank you!

Re: Need a sunscreen that doesn't get oily or flake off!

@R1l3y I recommend SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40, COOLA Mineral Sun Silk Crème SPF 30 1.5 oz/ 44 mLTATCHA - Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++

@R1l3y  I really like Murad’s Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15. I realize that the SPF is lower than you want, but perhaps you can try it out if you can’t find a better option. Good luck!

My favorite one is TATCHA - Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++.

I love the texture, and it doesn't white me out or make me oily.

@R1l3y I have been using 

VOLITION BEAUTY - Prismatic Luminizing Shield SPF 50

for a few weeks now and I love it. It doesn’t make me oily at all.

I've had good luck with ones from MDSolarSciences and Coola, @R1l3y.

@R1l3y you could try the SEPHORA FAVORITES - Sun Safety Kit, 

since it's got a bunch of deluxe sized samples and see if one of those works for you. I use the JOSIE MARAN - Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 but that would definitely be too heavy for you. If you want a gel formula, try the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence which you can usually find on Amazon or K-beauty websites. I've used it before and it's super thin and absorbs quickly.

I've got oil/combination skin.  I've been using a couple different products.  My old standby is Origins A Perfect World™ SPF 40 Age-Defense Moisturizer with White Tea 1.7 oz/ 50 mL but it's a little too rich during the summer.  Over the summer months, I've found a great new one, SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40.  It's great because it's matte, it absorbs quickly, and works with or without primer, so if I decide later I want to use make-up, it still stays in place, even without.  And when I use DR. JART+ - Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Camo Drops, it's a perfect no makeup look.  No matter what I use, I refresh my protection later in the day with SUPERGOOP! - Supergoop! X Rebecca Taylor Defense Refresh Setting Mist Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 5...

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing