Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Need a product recommendation

I have huge pores and blackheads and I need a product to help with it; under $70. 

Re: Need a product recommendation

Hi! I also really bad acne, and my skin has transformed since using Proactiv products! I noticed a difference in my skin the first time I used these products! Highly, highly reccomend. I hope this helps! Have a great day:)

@Weirdobunny I highly rec a BHA leave-on product.  I swear by Paula's Choice.  It comes in 1, 2, 4 and 9%.  I started with the 2% and loved it so much that I went to the 9.

It also looks like you're interested in clay masks.  VERSED (available at Target, Dermstore) has one I really like for only $9.99.  It is called "Find Clarity Purifying Mask."

I also rec looking up your current cleanser and toner on Beautypedia's website, and seeing how they stack up 🙂

What's your current routine, @Weirdobunny?

I’ll wash my face, and then I’ll apply toner and moisturizer. I might do a face mask once every two weeks. (Also, I live in Canada so I might not be able to buy some specific products)

Ok, what specific products are you using, @Weirdobunny? I ask because it helps to know what products may play better together and to help fill in any ingredient gaps you may have. 

I use the Biore facial washing foam, naturie skin conditioning gel, and the naturie skin conditioning toner, and the Biore UV Aqua rich water essence SPF 50 sunscreen. 

Ok, it doesn't look like you have any actives in your routine yet, so like a couple others have mentioned a good BHA serum would be a good place to start. There are plenty of options, most would be salicylic acid based, so it's just matter of finding a brand you want to try out. Paula's Choice, CosRX, The Ordinary, The Inkey List, Instree, Caudalie, etc

I'd also recommend trying oil cleansing before the foam cleanser to help pull gunk out of your pores. Keeping them cleaned out can help with their appearance. A good clay mask (I'm partial to Caudalie's Instant Detox and Pixi's Glow mud mask) once a week can also help keep pores clean. 

@Weirdobunny 

Hi @Weirdobunny!

For pores, I use The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL (for oily skin only since it's super drying).

You can also use pore blurring primers like #Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer Standard Size - 0.75 oz/ 21 g 

For blackheads, I like CLINIQUE Blackhead Solutions 7 Day Deep Pore Cleanse & Face Scrub 4.2 oz/ 125 mL since it's a gentle everyday exfoliator.  I also use innisfree Super Volcanic Clusters Pore Clearing Clay Mask (they have 2 other versions).

Sorry, but can you give another clay mask recommendation? I live in Canada and I can’t get it. 

Hey @Weirdobunny I'm from Canada as well and there are tons of sites that sell Innisfree and that specific product. They also have independent retailers if you are in Southern Ontario. 

For blackheads you generally want a chemical exfoliant that has a BHA, that can come in a toner or a serum and that will dictate how frequently you should be using it. Something like Farmacy Deep Sweep 2% BHA Pore Cleaning Toner with Moringa + Papaya 4.0 oz/ 120 mL or Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL are toner options and then for a serum Herbivore Prism 12% AHA + 3% BHA Exfoliating Glow Serum but I'd be really careful with that one the AHA level is pretty high. 

Otherwise any product with niacinamide is usually pretty good at controlling sebum and making pores appear smaller - The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL  is a great intro product but honestly it's in SO many different products you don't necessarily need to have a dedicated serum.

Echoing @quspork if we know exactly what products youre using its a bit easier to provide recommendations. 

Thank you !

Thank you!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing