Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Need a Super Gentle Cleanser!

Ok team, I’ve been using Tatcha for a few years and loving it, but something has happened recently - ALL of their cleansers leave my face inflamed. My skin is really warm and flush - tomato red almost - after cleansing no matter which cleanser(s) I use from tatcha. All their cleansers with the exception of the oil one do have physical exfoliants and I think my skin can no longer stand up to that on a regular basis. Looking for an extremely gentle cream cleanser to rotate in, for normal/dry skin with a few breakouts here and there. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Need a Super Gentle Cleanser!

@Linz8503  If none of these wonderful suggestions cut it for you, Kiehl's Since 1851 Ultra Facial Cleanser is my go-to for inflamed skin.

I've been using Keils body wash my skin has been so dry this winter read a post on it great products haven't used facial products will give them a try 💞

I've been using fresh Soy Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser for yearssssss, it is not a cream though - its a gel but suppper gentle great for the AM or after removing makeup at night and is fragrance and soap free so its never dried me out. I have combo/dry skin, adding it here in case you wanted to try the TS.

@Linz8503 Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash 8.5 oz/ 250 mL 

@GG84 @QueenMarceline @quspork @faeriegirl @WinglessOne @BobbieSherer @lmaster 

Thanks everyone so much for the suggestions. After consideration and research I ordered both the Farmacy and Korres products to try out. I’ll see how it goes! Thanks again, lovlies! 

@Linz8503 I hope it works great for you!! 

@Linz8503 I highly agree with the suggestion made by @quspork for the KORRES Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser it's very gentle and fragrance free, my skin seems to be enjoying it. I also really like the Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Foaming Cleanser although it does include fragrance, it's super gentle on my sensitive skin.

I have red sensitive  skin also that breaks out easily examples waxing or even plucking to many eyebrows will cause a breakout and proactive caused skin to peel off! I use bare minerals poreless cleanser, essense toner, skin longevity serum, skin longevity eye cream and skin longevity night cream and poreless day moisturizer as my skin care routine and works wonderfully for me 

@Linz8503  Sorry about your skin’s bad reaction. What else do you use in your routine? Part of the problem might be another product. 

I use the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar on my mostly dry combo skin each night. It’s the bar version of the creamy CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser. When my skin’s in painful bad reaction mode, I often start with The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL , let it sit on my face for a few minutes as a soothing oat mask, and then gently massage my CeraVe cleanser over it. Then I rinse everything off. 

Hi There! Thanks for the input. I’m confident it’s the cleansers after doing some elimination trials. I’ve always used actives from The Ordinary and I’m always careful about proper layering and alternating. I removed one at a time for a while then eventually stopped using actives for a MONTH (that was a test in self control, let me tell you lol) and still the same problem week after week with different tatcha cleansers. I think it’s just too much exfoliation, even tho so many of these products claim to be gentle enough for daily use, I think my skin just can’t handle it - at least not in these dry Canadian winters. Hoping one of the recommended products works out for me. 😁

@Linz8503  Glad you did the elimination dance to narrow down the culprit. I've had to do that more times than I can count. 😄 I agree that your issue is probably over-exfoliation. I wondered if you were using the Tatcha cleanser in addition to chemical exfoliants, which would exacerbate the issue—but yeah, using a scrubby cleanser (even a mildly scrubby one) daily can cause skin tantrums, especially in winter. (My winters are Chicagoan, not Canadian—so not quite as dry but possibly just as cold and perhaps windier. I decrease my AHA exfoliation frequency once temps dip below freezing.) 

I hope one of the 2 cleansers you picked to try work out for you! I can't use either of those: they're both too drying for my reactive mostly-dry combo skin. Then again, I also can't use any Tatcha products (except the Kissu lip mask) because my skin hates something in them, so... eh, my skin's a drama llama. 

@Linz8503 Another couple of options you may want to consider, KORRES Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser, First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser, or Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL 

Farmacy Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser 5 oz/150 mL @Linz8503 this is really good!! It stays in my rotation and never leaves my skin dry or red in any way

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 39 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing