Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Need Recommendations: Skincare for Dry Climates

Any rich face creams, oils, or serum recommendations? I moved to CO and my skin is the driest it’s ever been. Looking for skincare products with rich textures and will help your skin stay hydrated throughout the day/night. 

Re: Need Recommendations: Skincare for Dry Climates

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream is my go to for dry weather. It's super thick and creamy. I recommend putting it on on when your skin is still a bit damp because it will really help lock the moisture in. (If your skin has already dried when you put it on it won't work as well.) You can also use if over a serum. Hyaluronic acid will help draw the moisture into your skin if you use it under the moisturizer. (But be careful not to use just hyaluronic acid in a dry climate because it might suck the moisturizer out of your skin if there's no moisturizer or humidity to draw moisture from.) If your skin still feels dry you can also pat some some argon oil over the moisturizer. Argon oil is also really nice just on it's own. 

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Cream The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Where are you located exactly?  I am from Montreal now living in Edmonton… just trying to assess what kind of dry climate we are looking into lol … 

@Kailley  I live in Canada and we get super dry winters where I live and my go to cream is Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL  it’s pretty thick and great to use at night time. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing