cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Need Advice

Hey guys!

I just bought whole bunch of products that reviews claimed to have helped with acne scarring and was wondering in what order I should use them or if there are any products I should try. I don’t have active acne currently so I want to prevent any new breakouts while treat scarring.  

I am 21 years old with really oily skin. I am acne prone and I don’t have sensitive skin. Please help!

•  la rochy posey cleanser
  • The sephora collection All day hydrator moisturizer 
  • the ordinary rose hip seed oil
  • the ordinary ascorbic acid 8%+ alpha arbutin 2%
  • Glycolic acid from the Ordinary
  • Also got a sample for Dr Dennis Gross alpha beta extra strength daily peel ( tried 2 treatments in a span of 2 weeks- didn’t want to overdo it and I really liked how my skin felt after)

also let me know if I should consider adding retinol to the routine. Thankyou

Re: Need Advice

@meou 's routine suggestion is perfect. I would add spf in the day for sure.

If you do retinol dont do that on the nights you do the glycolic etc. I also suggest as meou did to look at products with salicyclic acid. 

I do apply spf in the AM. I am going try the ordinary retinol just 3 times a week with glycolic acid 2 days. Thanks for the suggestion

@Anna20009 Do you have a sunscreen already? You'll want to use that any time you have exposure to the sun since some of the products you are using will make your skin more susceptible to sun damage. 

I do use sunscreen! Thanks for replying! 

Hi @Anna20009 - generally speaking this is how I would order your products IF you wanted to use all of them in one routine

AM

CLEANSER: la rochy posey cleanser OR Just splash water on your face

SERUM: the ordinary ascorbic acid 8%+ alpha arbutin 2%

MOISTURIZER: The sephora collection All day hydrator moisturizer

PM:

CLEANSER: la rochy posey cleanser OR Just splash water on your face

TONER: Glycolic acid from the Ordinary <-- start with once a week and work up to your desired level of frequency. Personally I don't use a chemical exfoliant more than twice a week

MOISTURIZER: The sephora collection All day hydrator moisturizer

FACIAL OIL: the ordinary rose hip seed oil <-- you can use this before your moisturizer if you'd prefer as well 

For the DDG if you can swap out the glycolic acid from TO - I'd use one or the other. 

Other ingredients that can help with acne are a salyclic acid (this comes in tons of forms - toners, serum, cleansers and masks) and for hyperpigmentation - niacinamide, azelaic acid, tranexmic acid are great. 

For retinol - I've used The Ordinary Retinol 0.2% in Squalane, Signs of Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum 1 oz and both have been lovely with minimal side effects. Retinol has the benefit of promoting cellular turnover so it can be helpful in getting rid of scarring but i'm not sure which retinol is best suited for that effect. 

Omg thankyou so much for replying! I will definitely follow the routine you suggested. This is so helpful to me thanks again

Also let me know which brand of retinol is more effective. Thankyou

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing