cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

National SPF Day ☀️

Hello BIC, 

As you might all know National SPF Day ☀️ this year is rapidly approaching. May 27, 2023. I like to think SPF Day is every day because it is so important for our skin! I would love everyone to share their tips and tricks for sun safety and of course favourite sunscreens.

My favourite combo right now is using Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL as my base and applying Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation 20 Mulholland  over it. Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL I am still able to apply sunscreen over my makeup and it still gives a great finish and does not mess up my makeup! I also try to always wear a hat if I am going to be outside for an extended time and I never forget to protect my eyes with sunglasses 🕶️.

Right now I have been wanting to try these SPF:

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare All-Physical Lightweight Wrinkle Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 P... 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sunscreen SPF 50 

Evereden SPF 50 Premium Mineral Sunscreen 2 oz / 60 mL 

Drop a comment below and share your favorite SPF or tips and tricks to enjoy the summer safely.

Happy National SPF Day!!!

*updated to take the year out 🙂

Re: National SPF Day 2023 ☀️

I use Hero sunscreen, SPF 30. It has a green tint as well to combat redness. I wear it every single day and I love it. It isn’t greasy once it sinks in and sets. 

Me too! Hero is great 

Neutrogena has the best sunscreen, and it is so underrated! I use invisible daily defense, it has SPF 60+. This goes on without a tint and gives a glow, with a SUPER hydrating effect. it is enviourmentally friendly, and has ginger and vitamin E. despite being kinda small it genuinely lasts me years. you all should definitely try it!

I tried the very popularized ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Foundation as the sample sheet happened to be in my last order. Unfortunately it ended up being too drying for my skin, I prepped well and used one of my most reliable moisturizers Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream Classic 2 oz/ 60 mL , but this foundation was immediately too dry even when trying to spread it across my face and neck. Luckily only a few mild "irritation bumps" that I only get when my skin is being dried out by what I've put on it after trying this through daytime, even with my skin feeling tight and a tiny bit itchy due to that tight feeling. 
I did see the reviews are very mixed on this as well, and I do agree with the very unpleasant smell - it took a while for it to go away to the point it wasn't noticeable.
How have other people been finding it?

New promo gwp - choose 1 of 4 sunscreens with $25 purchase and code: SPFLOVE

spf promo.jpg

Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 Sunscreen with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide has a fan following on the boards. Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Mineral Milk Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL is in my top 5 all-time fave sunscreens. 💖 I remember seeing innisfree Daily UV Defense Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 36 Sunscreen come up time and time again in polls, brackets, etc. on the forum. Soleil Toujours Clean Conscious Body Sunscreen Mist with Vitamin C SPF 30-50 is a new-to-Sephora prestige sun care brand. I've had my eye on a couple of their products and while I haven't had the best of luck with sunscreen mists, this promo and item is in my car. 🛒

@ather 

@itsfi  Oooo this is a great promo! 

Love the items available in the promo. Is gwp available in Canada @ather?

@itsfi  Sadly no. I just checked. Darn!! 

Grrr 😖 ugh!!! @ather fingers crossed 🤞🏼 it makes its way up North @ather!

@itsfi  right! I wonder if one of them isn’t available here. I’ll have to check! 

Good point @ather. I forget that your SPF regulations can mean different requirements, including different labeling standards. Hoping y’all get something similar. SPF is a must and this is a great way to try out some good sunscreens.

I love Sun Bum products—the Face Mist with SPF 45 is bomb, and all their products smell amazing!

These are some fabulous sunscreen picks @pam956! Tower 28 SunnyDays is a go to skin tint of mine. ♥️ 

The Kosas DreamBeam SPF is in my current rotation and I’m really liking the slight blurring effect it provides - evens out my skin tone,  works beautifully as a primer and protects against UVA & UVB rays. There have been several days these past couple of weeks where it’s just the Kosas SPF, concealer and lip balm for me. 👍🏼 @Sweensxo 

I’ve heard the Kosas DreamBeam Silicone-Free Mineral Sunscreen SPF 40 with Ceramides and Peptides DreamBeam is amazing is next on my list of sunscreen to try!!

I’ve been looking for a good recommendation for a body spf. I have extremely sensitive skin so I am sensitive to both fragrances and burning. Let me know what you love!

I’ve been loving the Peter Thomas Roth Max Vitamin D-Fense Sunscreen Serum! NO CAST, it melts into the skin and blends so well with my other A.M. skin care products 💕

I am SPF-obsessed!

My current favorites are:

innisfree Daily UV Defense Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 36 Sunscreen 

Supergoop! PLAY Everyday Lotion SPF 50 Face & Body Sunscreen 

The Innisfree Daily UV Defense leaves my skin feeling moisturized without being greasy. I love the Supergoop PLAY lotion for my body, it rubs in nicely and does not leave me feeling greasy!!

Right now I have been using….

- Krave Beauty beet the sun 

- PCA Skin sheer tint spf 

I love both. I will say the “new” Krave Beet the Sun isn’t exactly the same as the original but I still really like it and it blends well, isn’t too greasy and it’s nice and light. The PCA Skin sheer tint is incredible, I don’t need any foundation with this, it’s like magic and just makes your skin

look great when applied. I love it 😍 

I use Paula's Choice Mini RESIST Youth-Extending Daily Hydrating Fluid SPF 50 .5 oz / 15 mL  on most days. It's lightweight & hydrating but not greasy!

While I always try to use SPF 50, sometimes I'm short on time so I was always on the lookout for a way to skip a step to prevent any chance at piling - bc as I'm sure you all know it can happen easily if you're in a rush during your skincare routine! I found and ♡LOVE!!♡ Murad Invisiblur™ Perfecting Face Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PA+++ 1 oz/ 30 mL!! It's the BEST PRIMER I've ever used! It really does smooth & blur fine lines & wrinkles & minimizes pores as well as helping your foundation go on smoothly/evenly & last all day - but the BEST part is that it's also SPF 30! I always use it under my makeup w/or or w/o Paula's Choice! I totally recommend it! 

testing