From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

NEED URGENT HELP with brighter AND HEALTHY, my skin is getting dull with dark circles.

Hello everyone, 

I recently moved to Canada and the weather has just damaged my skin as I come from a Tropical region. 

I am 27 and I can see a fine line under my eye as if they are forming bags now. 

My skin has become really dull and dry. It is naturally very oily and any cream causes small bumps on my skin.  I am also tagging the products I use but not following a regime. 

Please advice me. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-19 at 12.01.30 PM.jpegThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

#cetaphil lotion 
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

Re: NEED URGENT HELP with brighter AND HEALTHY, my skin is getting dull with dark circles.

From what i understand, hyaluronic acid is designed to pull moisture from the air into the skin, so it might be a bit too much if you have oily skin. I would try using a gel-based or very light moisturizer lightly on your face at the end of your routine instead. The niacinamide is good, it takes a month or two to see results though (not sure how long you have been using it). For aging, are you wearing a sunscreen every day when you go out? Even people that dont have light skin are still suseptable to aging due to sun damage. Retinol is supposed to be the best anti-aging/age preventing chemical but it is very powerful, always do a patch test first and start with a low percentage. try starting out with the Ordinary .02% retinol! 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-05-19 at 12.01.30 PM.jpeg
testing