Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

NEED TO FIND A MOISTURIZER

Hi guys, I need to find a good hydrating moisturizer. I have acne prone skin, I usually have to between my acne cleansers with my hydrating cleanser because I’ll have oily skin where I have my acne which is usually my forehead and chin but when I use my acne products I’ll be come very dry where it flack. I’m on the hunt for a moisturizer, lotions and creams break me out and don’t absurd into my skin. The only moisturizer that my skin absorbs is gel or water based moisturizer however I find that my skin only feel moisturizer in the beginning and later on the day I feel dry again. Please help, give me advise, tips and product recommendations. 

Re: NEED TO FIND A MOISTURIZER

I tried tons of moisturizers recently because my skin only only accepted cetaphil lotion for years.

Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL  broke me out, as did Dr. Gross pore minimizing alpha beta moisturizer as did the endless line of other things.

I ended up getting Skinceuticals Daily Moisture and https://www.skinceuticals.com/daily-moisture-635494134001.html it works wonders on my skin. They have a solid return policy and ship things with a return slip. 

I use it with La Roche Posay Toleriane face wash and Farmacy Deep Sweep 2% BHA Pore Cleaning Toner with Moringa + Papaya 4.0 oz/ 120 mL 

I would incorporate a hydrating toner after using the SA cleanser especially at night. My fav is the first aid beauty hydrating oat toner it’s full of great ingredients. Then you can use your serums and seal it all in with your moisturizer. For a gel moisturizer I love the farmacy green gel moisturizer, the yttp superfood one, Belif aqua bomb, the new summer Friday’s cloud dew. For night even though I know I said you prefer gel moisturizers, personally I like to use something a little more creamy. Yttp adaptogen moisturizer is an amazing choice. It’s not too heavy at all and it helped my skin a lot or drunk elephant’s protini. Acne is so frustrating, I’m 34 and I still get a pimple here and there no matter what I do!! Lol don’t be afraid to hydrate, often times your skin produces more oil because you’re not hydrating and giving it enough moisture ( this is a huge tip I learned ) and was the case with my skin. 

I use Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m...  during the day and the cica-blast baume from la roche posay at night. This combination really healed my skin barrier. I also cut down on any acids or exfoliants I was using on my skin. Hope this helps!

Hi, 

Yeah it seems like your skin barrier might be damaged. I suggest in the morning the Cerava SA foaming facial cleanser, Cerava hyaluronic acid, Paula choice water infusing electrolyte moisturizer, and sunscreen. At night, DHL cleansing oil, cerava sa foaming cleanser, hyaluronic acid, infusing electrolyte moisturizer and  laneige water sleeping mask! It helped me a lot with my acne. Also try to not pick at your acne and use acne spot patches 

Here are a few options that have worked for me, @cassandrasofias:

belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb 

Caudalie Mini Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet 0.66 oz/ 20 mL 

OLEHENRIKSEN Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer 

CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap

Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion

Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

What other products are you using in your routine? If you're using acne fighting products, you may also want to consider adding in a hydrating layer (toner, essence, or serum) under your moisturizer. 

Hey, thank you so much for your input. 
Other products that I use, I usually swap in between products depending if my acne is really bad or not that specific day but I use cerave hydrating cleanser, Vichy acne cleanser, if I have only a little bit of break out I use la Roche posey effaclar duo acne treatment on the pimples only, Vichy mineral 89 before moisturizing. But I don’t have any moisturizer because I starting with cerave lotion moisturizer and that breaks me out it’s too heavy and doesn’t absorb 

Hi! It sounds to me like you have dehydrated/damaged skin barrier from acne products. I know because I get the same problems. I would find something with ceramides and centella for healing and balancing the oils in your skin. Dr. Jart’s cica pair line is really good in my experience. Especially the calming gel moisturizer.  
Also, a spray might be good to help moisturize later in the day to use on the go or over makeup. Laneige’s cream skin refiner is great for that. 
Hope this helps! 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing