Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

NEED. NEW. MOISTURIZER!

In desperate need of a clean lightweight moisturizer for normal skin!

Re: NEED. NEW. MOISTURIZER!

I have combo skin: normal forehead, oily nose, dry everywhere else. The moisturizer that works great on my entire face most of the year is Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... It’s not heavy. It doesn’t clog my pores. It keeps dry patches at bay. It seals in hydration and helps attract more, thanks to its hyaluronic acid content. It contains antioxidants to protect my skin from pollutants. And I like the natural scent, which isn’t overpowering or long lasting. 

Two cons I feel obligated to mention: 

1. In frigid cold weather, this moisturizer isn’t enough for my face’s dry areas. But if you have normal skin (or don’t live somewhere that gets subzero weather), it may work fine year round for you. I usually switch to DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Moisturizer in very cold weather. But this winter, I’ll try layering my YTTP moisturizer over Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml for the extra moisturization my dry areas need. 

2. YTTP sells all their products in clear glass jars and bottles, which is bad for antioxidant ingredients. If you get this moisturizer, I recommend storing it in a dark place, wrapping the jar in something to block light (a label, stickers, tape, etc.), or moving it to an opaque container. If you can find an airless vacuum pump jar, that’d be best for this moisturizer. That’s what I keep mine in. 🙂 

Sephora collection nourishing moisturizer  if you are dry or Kiehls ultra facial moisturizer if oily

RE: NEED. NEW. MOISTURIZER!

I’m 50 so my needs might be different than yours but I have been very happy with the Ole Henriksen brightening moisturizer and eye cream as well as the Glow Recipe. However, if you’re not fond of fruity scents you may not like them as the Ole Henriksen has an orange scent and the Glow Recipe smells like watermelon. I love them both! 😀👍❤️

@SunshineColon I 100% second the ORIGINS - GinZing™ Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizerand the Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m.... I used the Ginzing for years and switched to the YTTP because it's also Cruelty free but they are very similar IMO. I also really like the YTTP Adaptogen one but it's better for nighttime if you need something lighter weight, probably too much for daytime use. The DE Protini is also a good option but at that price it's meh since I don't actually like it any better than the other two

@SunshineColon  I love
Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL

It feels real good on the skin, and keeps my skin moist all day

Thank you! Which is your favorite?

@SunshineColon That's a tough decision to make. They are all lightweight and have a gel cream consistency. The YTTP and Tatcha have a light clean scent to them. The Protini one sadly broke my combo/oily skin out, but it may work out for you so I recommend getting samples at Sephora if you can. I'm currently using the 

Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m...

Thank you! 

RE: NEED. NEW. MOISTURIZER!

I think Drunk Elephant Hydra B Serum would be perfect! Lightweight but powerful and clean ingredients.

Hi @SunshineColon,

If you're looking for a new, clean moisturizer for summer, I highly recommend the Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

I'm so happy this item came up because I've been wanting to try it for the longest!

Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing