Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

My skin during/after going through radiation & chemo

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my skin back to normal after radiation and chemo? My skin is currently very pale, thin, acne prone, sensitive, and I have terrible dark circles. I had no idea my skin would go through this along with my treatments!

Re: My skin during/after going through radiation & chemo

oh! I also wanted to say that, although it might be nonsense, I've bought into the whole canned mineral-water-mist for sensitive skin.  I admit, there was a time I'd buy anything that claimed to "strengthen the skin barrier", and, well.. I don't know, spritzing French water on your face makes it feel better somehow.

Also shiseido's ultimune serum is supposed to strengthen your skin barrier and immune response.  I was using this before my last hospitalization, and I didn't start using it again until my skin was feeling more normal, but if you can get into a Sephora store and get a sample, I'd try it out.  It does have fragrance so I really recommend this with an asterisk.

RE: Re: My skin during/after going through radiation & chemo

Thank you so much!

@amanda0000 Sorry, dear. Wish I could do more to help.

I don't know exactly what state your eyes are in, but I regularly get flare-ups of eczema around my eyes when my health is failing.  Sensitive, red, painful, flaking, etc.  There are only two products I have found that I can put on the skin around my eyes when my immune system is that weak. La Roche Posay toleriane soothing eye cream, and avène soothing eye contour cream. La Roche Posay has a 25% off sale going on until the end of today (the 16th) if you see this in time.

La Roche Posay's toleriane line is very good for sensitized skin, but I think that avène has a better offering for truly vulnerable skin.  I'd go directly to their website (they even have under their skin conerns (skin affected by cancer treatments), but their xeracalm and tolerance lines are both very good for sensitized skin, and very very soothing and healing. 

If you want to get relief asap, many walgreens carry these products in store. I hope they help.  

RE: Re: My skin during/after going through radiation & chemo

Thank you!
Anonymous Insider

This eye cream does a good job at covering up dark eye circles and can usually be found as a sample size or in a set if you just want to try it. https://www.sephora.com/product/banana-bright-eye-creme-P426339

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing