Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

My eye cream has started burning?

I've been using the Ole Henrickson Banana Bright Eye Cream and it's been fine for months but about a week or two ago, its started to really burn my eyes when I put it on. What's going on?

Re: My eye cream has started burning?

Wow that sounds awful!  I use it but know that I have sensitive skin, so I only use it every second day because too much vitamin c makes me puffy and irritated. 

This just happened to me as well!! I have been using the Banana Bright eye cream for over a year and last week I started developing a reaction (puffy, itchy, swollen, red, flaky) all over my eyelids! I don’t know what changed but I’ll never buy this product again 

The Vitamin C in that is pretty strong @Hmmmbrown. I'd tried a few samples and thought I'd be fine but I had to build up. I would definitely take a break for a few days before trying again. If the actives are too strong/building up in your skin then a few days break now and again should be enough. If it's started growing bacteria however, then it might have to be tossed- it's important to always use a clean utensil to get product out of the jar when possible

I had considered getting a new jar if that was the case....

I had considered getting a new jar if that was the case. I will definitely try discontinuing for a bit and see where it's at, possibly buy a new one. Thank you so much.

@Hmmmbrown 

Well I would discontinue use immediately. Do you have any minor scratches that could be causing the burning? Allergies to ingredients can also occur at any time. 

No cuts that I can see. Just seemed so bizarre that I had...

No cuts that I can see. Just seemed so bizarre that I had such a good experience using it and one random day it starts burning my eyes. It's the only thing I put on my eyes. I thought maybe it was just seasonal allergies and my eyes are dry right now? But that's not normal for me, I never get dry eyes from allergies.
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing