Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware
Highlighted

My Clarisonic: A love letter

Dear Clarisonic,

When you came into my life 2 years ago I was dubious, at best. $225 for a electronic face scrubber? Surely you were kidding.  Yes Oprah loved you, and Kate Somerville, and a host of other famous people who are quick to recommend products that they get for free in award show gifting suites, but let's be real. For that kind of moola, you better have been a miracle worker.

Everyone thought I was crazy to even give you a chance. "Drink more water!" They said. "Don't you know we're in a recession?" They admonished.  "You can get the same effect if you [insert woefully ineffective home remedy here]" They advised.  But no, it had to be. I knew that I needed you.

It was a bumpy ride at first (literally).  My skin reacted worse than an actor detoxing on Celebrity Rehab.  It certainly wasn't used to this kind of deep cleaning on a regular basis,  and it let me know it.

But then, a miracle happened. I was at brunch with my father one Sunday and he looked at me and said, "Your skin is glowing, have you been drinking more water like I told you?" Amazing! My father, who only comments on my backside getting larger or my hair styled in a way he finds to be unflattering, actually paid me a compliment!  "No!" I shouted triumphantly. "Enough with your blasted water! I'm using my Clarisonic!"

And so was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.  The buildup of gross whiteheads on the side of my nose? Gone.  The line of pimples on my chin that show up whenever Aunt Flo is in town? Nowhere to be seen.  The rough skin on my cheeks that makes my foundation look like it's trying to hard? Vanished.  You had vanquished them all, dear friend.

So today I say, Viva La Clarisonic! You have changed the balance of power (on my face) forever!

And for that, I thank you.

Sincerely,

cocobella

(Okay, so I know this is a bit much, but I REALLY do love my Clarisonic. Don't you guys???)

Tags (1)

Re: My Clarisonic: A love letter

OMG.

I was on the fence about getting one and now I'm SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best endorsement ever!

I feel the same way about my dear little friend, The Clarisonic.  I bought mine when they first came out--before most people had even heard of them.  Everyone in my family thought I was absolutely insane for thinking of spending over $200 on a face brush.  And I must admit that I was a little more than skeptical, too, where the money was concerned, but I went ahead and bought it anyway.  It's been one of the best investments I've ever made.  I was lucky and didn't have the initial "bad reaction" period like a lot of people have and my Clarisonic and I were best friends from Day One.  And we continue to be the best of friends...Smiley Happy

It's not a bit much -- it's SO TRUE. I feel like we all need to do testimonials for Clarisonic / Sephora. Seriously! I canNOT believe how much my skin has changed since I started using this. I did not have "bad" skin, per se -- I use Retin-A for anti-aging, which I think has prevented a lot -- but this made my skin look so much different. I had bumps / clogged pores around my chin and jawline, and this has totally obliterated them. My face looks so much smoother, and my makeup now looks entirely different, too. I can't believe how it looks -- it's like I'm looking at my 22 year old face again (that seems a bit dramatic, but it's true!). I wish I could sell all of my unnecessary skincare products now, because I just don't need as much! While I really do respect other opinions, I honestly don't understand the reviews that state "nothing my washcloth can't accomplish." What?! A washcloth? It's not even the same mechanism...but I digress!

I never broke out from using it, but I really think it's because I use Retin-A -- when you start using it, your skin tends to do the same thing -- purge the impurities, if you will -- so maybe mine had already gone through that years ago when I started using my (beloved) Retin-A.

Anyway, great letter! Smiley Very Happy

PPS: HAHAHHAHAH @ "Enough with your blasted water!"

Hi katie,

I just purchased the Clarisonic a couple of days and the love story has already started for me too...

I was interested in knowing about Retin-A actually. I am 35yrs and have suddenly started developping an acne breakout on my cheeks. The worst are the scars it leaves. I have been using Help Me by Philosophy which has helped, but is not enough anymore. Does Retin-A make that much more of a difference is what I would like to find out... Your feedback would be of great help.

Thanks

Ahh, cocobella! Abeautifully compsed love letter to a true freind! I also love love love my clarisonic. Like katie said, the people who think a washcloth is just as good smoke crack. Ok she didn't say that, but you get the idea! I forgot to bring it with me on a trip recently and I sure noticed the difference after a few days. Tiny whiteheads and flaky skin instead of my usual glowing. After a few days back with my Mia,  things were back to normal. The past few days I've worn just eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss and finishing powder and my skin looks as good as if I was wearing foundation! Thank you Clarisonic Mia! And thank you Sephora because I got it during the F&F sale and skincare challenge. I don't know that I would have gotten it without the discounts!

@mermade: ...yeah, I basically said that. Hahah! I mean, I just don't get it. Normally, I can acknowledge the fact that products work differently for different people, etc., and that what works for me may not work for someone else, etc. Really, I can! But...a washcloth?! A toothbrush?! (yes, this was mentioned in one review, either on this site or elsewhere -- the person was like, "A toothbrush does exactly the same thing and costs 2.49 at Wal-Mart)...I was dumbfounded. Even if the Clarisonic doesn't work for you, I can't imagine that a toothbrush or washcloth does the same thing...that doesn't even make sense...Smiley Tongue

a toothbrush?....... Seriously?????

That just sounds painful.........

Now if they said something about the Olay cleansing brush it would at least make some kind of sense, but......

please!

Thanks ladies, I'm glad you enjoyed my letter!

I had to say something, as it's the best thing that ever happened to my skin.

@mermade: I think I might have to get a Mia, because I have a full sized one and I really hate traveling without it. I just didn't want to seem greedy though. Smiley Happy

@katie - a TOOTHBRUSH? Really? Did they at least suggest a sonic toothbrush?

@katie and mermade:  LMAO!  You two crack me up!  You also said exactly what I think about the Clarisonic...

I still have people that comment that a washcloth works just fine, insinuating that I am crazy to have spent the money on my Clarisonic, and there's just no way to convince them otherwise until they try it for themselves.  I used the Neutrogena Wave and another Neutrogena battery-operated cleanser (can't remember the name) before the Clarisonic came out so, like I mentioned in my previous post, I was skeptical about spending over $200 on a skincare brush, but I'm so glad I made that leap of faith.  There is nothing that comes close to comparing to the Clarisonic! Smiley Happy

@cocobella:  I just wanted to let you know that your letter to your Clarisonic was an excellent piece of work.  Had lots of fun reading...Smiley Happy

Thanks tenngal, that's really nice! I'm glad I was able to bring a smile to your face.

@mermade & katie: I LOVE enablers, lol. If I'm back on here next month with a love letter to my Mia, I will give you guys a shout out. Smiley Happy

LOL! You do that! Smiley Very Happy

@cocobella and @mermade: Oh, no, my friends -- this person definitely mentioned the price of a toothbrush at Wal-Mart or Target, so I'm thinking that it was not, in fact, a sonic toothbrush to which s/he was referring.

@tenngal: I *really* don't understand the washcloth argument. For one, the clarisonic cleans so well because it uses vibrations / "sonic" cleansing -- it's not about the bristles, GOSHHH Smiley Wink

also @cocobella: I don't think it would be at all greedy to get a Mia, too -- if you can do it, why not? I would! I have a Mia that I use every day -- I wanted to go for the Pro or Plus, but I just got the Mia -- and it's definitely done an amazing job by itself.

@cocoabella: I second katie! If you can get the mia too, go for it!

@katie: the person recommending the toothbrush CLEARLY never tried the clarisonic!! I mean, really.....

It's like comparing an emery board to a precision sand blasting tool!

@tenngal: Did you ever try the Olay brush? I don't think it or any of the ones you mentioned are sonic, like katie pointed out....

@cocobella very well written!!!!   I totally agree!!!!

Hmmm wonder if the reference to the "toothbrush" is saying that a manual toothbrush is the same as the Sonicare toothbrush?  Also an untrue statement btw; I have one of those too and the difference in my dental checkups is unbelievable.  I highly recommend that product as well.

@ anaa: I could see why one would think that, but this specific review made it sound as if the person (who was not impressed with the Mia) felt s/he could scrub his/her face with a plain old $2.49 toothbrush and derive the same benefits -- in the vein of it being an effective home remedy -- rather than pay the $149 for the Mia.

However, now that you mention it, I will say that I was one of the people who never really thought about a sonic toothbrush, or understood the benefits -- so I might actually look into that! I really, really abhor the dentist; I turn into a feral cat every time I climb into the examination chair. No, really. It's embarrassing, and if it makes a difference, well, I'm all for it! It's good to know that it can be helpful!

: )

katie1724 wrote:

I really, really abhor the dentist; I turn into a feral cat every time I climb into the examination chair. No, really. It's embarrassing, and if it makes a difference, well, I'm all for it! It's good to know that it can be helpful!

: )

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy:Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy:Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy:Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy:Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappyD:Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

This love letter is the most romantic thing I've read in a long time.  Well done, cocobella!  Clarisonic should hire you as a spokesperson!

I absolutely love my SoniCare toothbrush, which is what really pushed me into taking the leap of faith in buying the face brush since I knew what a difference the toothbrush had made in cleaning my teeth.  Like katie, I'm terrified of the dentist, and I have to have the funny gas just to be able to sit in the chair and not rip the arms off of it. Smiley Tongue  The sonic toothbrush really makes a difference that you can feel the very first time you use it.  It's definitely worth buying. Smiley Happy

@kaite and tenngal: great. Now you two have talked me into making ANOTHER investment! Smiley Wink

@mermadelove:  ROTFLMAO!  Lady, you crack me up! Smiley Very Happy

Like tenngal, I also used the Sonicare & loved it, and that made me think the Clarisonic was going to be awesome too (which it is!) I had a tendency to brush too aggressively. I have sensitive gums and the dentist was always telling me I have to brush really carefully to avoid injuring my gums. They were always a little sore and would bleed sometimes. The Sonicare is so much better because it really cleans your teeth without injuring your gums.It's amazing how clean your teeth can feel; you don't realize they DIDN'T feel clean until you start using the Sonicare.

@cocobella, that's a beautiful love letter Smiley Happy

34 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 42 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors