Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

My 10 year old daughter is breaking out

My daughter is 10 almost 11 and she has been breaking out really bad. She’s concerned about it as am I. she has a mix of blackheads, whitehead's, red bumps and a huge scab on her chin. I really don’t know what to do, any advice? 

Re: My 10 year old daughter is breaking out

Hi, @JamiePerez !  I started breaking out at 8 and it became cystic at 10.  I highly recommend going to a dermatologist.  The sooner you can have a professional providing guidance, the better.

- The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL 

- Paula's Choice CLEAR Daily Skin Clearing Treatment with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide 2.25 oz/ 67 mL 

- SEPHORA COLLECTION 2% Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Gel 1 oz / 30 mL 

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 

@JamiePerez start with a gentle liquid cleanser like First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL .  BHA is great for blackheads. Start with Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant .  For whiteheads, use Clean & Clear Persa-gel.  Target makes a knock off. Beware that it bleaches clothing and hair.  For oily skin,  use oil blotting sheets.  Target makes good ones.  Also, innisfree Volcanic AHA Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL .

That should get her going.  Also rec seeing a derm and seeing if she's a candidate for Differin.  It comes in OTC but I think the Rx is superior. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Hello, i understand what your going through and that’s a very young age to get acne in general especially with that much i would definitely go to a dermatologist and ask them about it and for now get a hydrating moisturizer that will help with scarring!💕

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing