cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Morning and night skincare routine

I would love to start a skin routine... I am 25 and barely have a routine. I cleanse my face when I remember and follow that with the ole henriksen vitamin c serum and moisturizer. 

combo skin and some acne I have a dark complexion. 

I would like to work my way up to eye serum too. 

all the help is appreciated 

Re: Morning and night skincare routine

Hi @Anonymous ! First you’ll want a cleanser. If you already have one you like, continue  with that, but here are my recommendations if you’re looking for a new one:

I’d suggest the Cerave Foaming cleanser, which you can find at the drugstore!

Try The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL before your Vigamin C Serum and moisturizer. It helps improve skin texture and acne/acne scars.

Make sure you wear a sunscreen during the day! COOLA Sun Silk Face Sunscreen Drops with SPF 30 and Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL .

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions 😊

Anonymous Insider

Do you have a recommendation for another vitamin C serum? The only one they have left is $50 of the Ole Henriksen truth serum. Is there a good cheaper one? And what about a night routine? I cleanse then do the Ole Henriksen night serum gel. 

What do you want the vitamin C to do, @Anonymous ? Lighten post-acne discolorations or just add some glow? There are plenty of effective, cheaper options but it depends on your goal as to which formulation may work best. What specific cleanser and moisturizer are you using? Do you use sunscreen in the a.m.? The most basic routines are cleanse, moisturizer, sunscreen in the a.m. and cleanser, moisturizer in the p.m. Anything beyond that depends on your own specific issues and goals for your skin.

Anonymous Insider

@quspork  Right now i use the 3 wonders by Ole Henriksen. I am cleansing in the morning then using the truth serum by Ole Henriksen the moisturizer. At night I’m doing the same but using the Ole Henriksen night serum and moisturizer. I would like to keep my skin the best I can. I do not wear foundation. I do have acne some and I have a dark complexion. 

The 3 wonders kit has some good things to build on, @Anonymous. What cleanser are you using and how long have you been using your current products? Are you happy with them so far or looking to change them? If you're dealing with acne, I might suggest switching the invigorating night treatment for a BHA/salicylic acid treatment instead as those are often a little better at dealing with acne issues. But you'll want a good sunscreen in place either way. 

Anonymous Insider

@quspork  I just want to do what’s best for my skin and help it look good. 

Anonymous Insider

@quspork  A couple years I have been using them. I usually don’t have acne unless I’m hormonal. I use a Clinique cleanser but I think I will try the CeraVe. My mom said something about a toner 2 times a day? I just purchased the Coola sunscreen to try. 

@Anonymous Toners are great, but frequency can depend on what type of toner it is. I think you said below that you picked up the Fresh rose one? That's a good hydrating option, so you should be able to use it twice a day. 

@Anonymous a Vitamin C serums are often expensive, so it’s hard to find a good one that delivers the results you’re looking for! Glow Recipe Pineapple Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL is a popular choice. 
What new product are you looking for in your night routine? Make sure to @ tag me so I get notified when you reply! Have a wonderful day 😊

Anonymous Insider

@LilaMJ  Is there anything I need to change? I did purchase the fresh roses toner for the morning. I’m so lost 🙃

@Anonymous a Skincare is definitely a process, don’t worry! Would you mind sharing which products you’re using and in what order? Also, what are your skin goals? This would help! 

Anonymous Insider

@LilaMJ  Right now i use the 3 wonders by Ole Henriksen. I am cleansing in the morning then using the truth serum by Ole Henriksen the moisturizer. At night I’m doing the same but using the Ole Henriksen night serum and moisturizer. I would like to keep my skin the best I can. I do not wear foundation. I do have acne some and I have a dark complexion. 

@Anonymous Air your routine is working for you, I think that’s all you need! I would suggest the products I mentioned, make sure you’re using a sunscreen! 😊

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing