Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Moisturizer

Tatcha dewy skin cream/drunk elephant protini????

Re: Moisturizer

@richalalit Which moisturizer's best for you depends on your particular skin and what you want from a moisturizer. I mean, both Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL and Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL can prevent moisture loss: Dewy Skin Cream via dimethicone and squalane, Protini via marula oil and olivem 1000. But if you know your skin's sensitive to dimethicone or fragrance, choose Protini. If your skin's sensitive to coconut-derived ingredients, choose Dewy Skin Cream. If you want to add lots of peptides and amino acids to your skincare routine and another product doesn't already cover that for you, Protini's a good option. 

I personally wouldn't choose either of those moisturizers for my combo skin. I've tried Protini on 2 separate occasions and my skin threw a bumpy tantrum over it both times. That doesn't mean yours will, too. Likewise, just because my skin hates every Tatcha product I've tried (except the Kissu lip mask) doesn't mean yours will. Some folks can't use my usual moisturizer because it contains holy basil and ascorbic acid (vitamin C). It really comes down to your skin's sensitivities. Luckily, I think both those moisturizers come in a mini size, so hopefully you won't blow much money if you decide to try one or both. 

@richalalit 

I would go with Tatcha!  Their products are amazing and "clean".

DE is non- comedogenic so some people breakout or get clogged pores with their products.  DE is also a bit of a controversial brand right now.

@RAWRitsRED  Quick clarification: non-comedogenic means products don't block pores. I think you meant to say DE products are comedogenic (block pores). 🙂 

DE claims their products are non-comedogenic when used exclusively, meaning no other brand's products are used in conjunction with DE products. I find that about as ridiculous as DE's demonization of certain safe and beneficial ingredients they claim aren't "clean" (whatever the heck that truly is). It implies DE products generally aren't good enough to stand on their own, so to speak. It's also just another way for DE to get people to buy more of their stuff. 

@WinglessOne 

Yes, that's what I meant 😂

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing