cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Moisturizer suggestion please.

Hi there

can anyone suggest a good moisturizer for face please. I have tried various moisturizer but overtime they don’t seem to work much. I have a combination skin type. Thanks for helping!! 

Tags:

Re: Moisturizer suggestion please.

I'd recommend belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb  for the winter and belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb for the summer.

I don't know If you have tried it, but I love @firstaidbeauty s Ultra Repair Cream! I also have been using Youth to the People's Superberry Overnight Dream Mask and love it so far! First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair BarriAIR Cream Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml 

Hi @supriya4 ! I have a few questions: 

1. When you say various moisturizers don't work over time, do you mean...
    • They seem to work great when you first apply them but your skin's quite dry by the end of the day?
    • Or, they work well for a few days but seem to not be as moisturizing a week or so later? 
  2. Do you apply moisturizer while your skin's damp? 
  3. What's your full skincare routine (exact brand + product names)? I'm curious about what you use beneath the moisturizer. 
  4. Which type of climate to you live in? Dry/arid, cold, windy, hot, humid, etc.? Or is your climate as indecisive as mine is (I live in Chicago, where it's spring one day, winter the next, and summer the following day; outside of January or July, our only constant weather condition is wind 😂)? 

You might need a hydrating product under your moisturizer, or perhaps a hydrating cleanser—or, of course, a different moisturizer. My mostly-dry skin's current favorite moisturizer is Vanicream Daily Facial Moisturizer. I always apply it to damp skin so it can seal in that extra hydration. I also use at least one other product that contains humectants, like hyaluronic acid, under that moisturizer to help keep my skin hydrated. 

I recommend Shani Darden’s oil-free moisturizer. It’s lightweight and doesn’t clog up your pores. I use both day and night and love the way my skin feels. Shani Darden Skin Care Weightless Oil-Free Moisturizer 2.5 oz/ 75 mL 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing