Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Moisturizer making my face feel dry?????

So about a year ago I decided to start taking skin care serious. So I started on the hunt for products that targeted my skincare concerns. Dark Spots, fine lines and dry skin. I ended up with a Caudalie set. So I did, The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner & Vinoperfect cream at night, and Vinoperfect Radience day serum with a store brand moisturizer/SPF in the AM. It felt amazing right after I finished putting them on, but I noticed that I was waking up in the morning feeling like my cheeks and forehead were dry. So I looked some stuff up and found out I can put moisturizer over my night time cream. (I know this is getting long, but I really appreciate anyone who is still reading❤️💋) I added Laneige water sleeping mask and it felt okay, but I wasn't in love. So I took it back and ended up with the Drunk Elephant 'Dewy' kit. And omg I loved the feeling of everything in that kit. I start with the Slaai Make-up Melting Butter Cleasner, use The ordinary toner, Claudile night cream, the super B hydra over it and once a week the Retinol cream. It was nice at first 2 weeks in and my face is feeling EXTRA EXTRA dry now. All day. I moisturize multiple times a day. I've never had this dry of skin. Do I need to stop and start all over? Am in too deep? 😂 I feel like Im going crazy! I have all this expensive amazing product and I loved my Drunk Elephant stuff, but maybe I should take it back? ANY advice would be so appreciated. I am 100's of dollars in and no closer to better skin! 

Thank you to anyone who made it through this post!! XOXOX💘

Re: Moisturizer making my face feel dry?????

@Kylie42 A couple of things. The DE B-hydra is a hydrating serum so it should go on before your moisturizer. There are two Caudalie vinoperfect creams- one with glycolic acid which can be drying. That in conjunction with daily exfoliation from the toner plus retinol is a recipe for dried out skin. I would start with recommending dialing back the use of the toner to maybe every other day, plus I wouldn't use it the same night you use the retinol. And then get yourself a good moisturizer with heavily moisturizing ingredients, perhaps with ceramides. Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Cream 1.69 oz/ 50 mL is one option to check out. #Fresh Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL is another option to try. 

Re: Moisturizer making my face feel dry?????

Thank you so much! I think your spot on with the Glycolic Acid. The Caudalie I have does have GA in it. I've used Dr Jart before but it was the one that blends in with your skin and it was too light for my skin tone. I did love the product though. I will be sure to check these recommendations out. I really appreciate you taking the time to read through my entire post and help me figure this out ❤️

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
testing