cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Moisturizer & Eye Serum/Cream Recommendations

Hey hey!

I've switched up my skincare-routine a little, but the one thing I've had on what feels like endless rotation is moisturizer. I've tried a ton, and nothing makes me scream "I LOVE YOU!" from the rooftops. I love having clear, glowing-celtic-fairy skin and am lucky enough that I only seem to have blemishes when I am attracting sharks.

For reference, my current routine consists of: Tatcha Cleansing Oil (or the Deep Cleanse if I'm feeling particularly dirty) with my clairisonic, Ole Henrikson Walnut Scrub to exfoliate, Son & Park Beauty Water, Tatcha Plumping Essence, Ole Henrikson Truth Serum, whatever moisturizer I'm trying at the time, followed by Neogen SPF. I just switched over from Caudalie-everything and so far, I'm really liking the glowy/dewy look my skin has had. 

Here's what I've used as far as moisturizers goes: Caudalie Vinosource (this was fine but not moisturizing enough), Belif Aqua Bomb (broke me out), Fresh Lotus Cream (absolutely not for me), Fresh Rose Cream (this line just ultimately is not for me), Farmacy Honeydew whatsit (also broke me out). I use Tatcha Water Cream right now which is working fine, but that's it... it's just fine. 

For eye creams. I have tried the following: Caudalie Retinol Eye whatsit (did nothing for me), Origins Ginzing (no results), Korres Black Pine (this has been fine).

Would love recommendations from fellow skincare mavens!!

Re: Moisturizer & Eye Serum/Cream Recommendations

@renerin For moisturizers, I rec searching beautypedia.com and reading their "best of" list to see what might work for you that you haven't tried.  

As for eye creams, I prefer using a retinol serum.  I like FAB Retinol Serum (.25%) concentration.  Just start slowly.  If you are looking for a retinol-free product, CeraVe makes a nice one that is relatively new.

Good luck!  🙂

What's your skin type? The moisturizers you mentioned tend towards being good for oily skin, but I wanted to double check first. Also, for the eye creams, what issues are looking to combat- dark circles, puffiness, fine lines?

RE: Re: Moisturizer & Eye Serum/Cream Recommendations

I would say it’s normal/combo but my nose and chin tend to look VERY oily so I try to pick moisturizers geared towards that, as that is often the make or break it item. If my moisturizer is too heavy I look like a greaseball. My skin is like a napkin against a Costco pizza... alone it’s okay, but it’ll absorb that grease right away. Eye concerns: eh. I’m just trying to be on the offense since I’m 26 and rapidly approaching 30, flirty, and thriving. I have crows feet when I smile so I’d like to combat wrinkles/prevent them. Also the skin beneath my eyes looks a little sunken. Not dark, just sunken. So when I’m tired you can really tell.

Hi @renerin,

First of all, let me say I love your writing style (I too, would love a fairy, unreal, poreless complexion!) and I'm a skincare junkie as well. You have a really great skincare routine to begin with and I love that you use lots of Tatcha as well as Fresh products because they're some of the best skincare brands at Sephora. 

I've also tried dozens of moisturizers from different brands and my current favorites are the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream and the Sephora Collection Instant Cream and Moisturizer.

1.) Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream: It has a light, soft texture and isn't too heavy, so it's perfect for my combination skin. Also, I'm a sucker for elegant packaging.

2.) Sephora Collection Instant Moisturizer is very similar to texture as the Bobbi Brown one, but what I really love about this one is that it has hyaluronic acid( helps retain moisture in the skin) and the scent is refreshing (I'm also a sucker for lovely smelling products). It's also at an affordable price point.

In terms of eye cream, my absolute favorite is the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment. It has avocados (I'm obsessed with avocados) which supply healthy fats and vitamins to your skin. It's also really great under concealer. It's thick and I prefer a thick textures underneath my eyes because mines are really dry. I hope this helps. May your quest for skin perfection continue.

Thank you for being a valued Sephora client!

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing