cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Milk Hydro Grip primer - any reactions?

Hey yall! 

Last week I bought Milk Hydro Grip primer and used it with my hydrating Pro Filt'r.

As I applied the hydro grip to my face I felt a slight sting that went away quickly.

The next day I woke up with small bumps all over my face and it was swollen. I can't say for sure if it was the hydro grip that caused this because I also used Saint Jane serum for the first time that day. But I kinda doubt a CBD serum would cause my face to react badly right?

I just wanted to know if anyone else with sensitive skin has had any type of negative reaction to hydro grip before I decide if I should not use it again. It wears so beautifully and I don't wanna give it up but I'm also terrified to have this bad reaction again. LMK yall!

Re: Milk Hydro Grip primer - any reactions?

My daughter had the WORST reaction! She ended up having to get oral and topical steroid cream because the rash was so awful and itchy! It’s still not completely gone and it’s been over a week 😭

I’m so glad I’m not alone!

my reaction wasn’t as severe, and it took me a few weeks to understand what was happening because I’m already so prone to redness (thanks to rosacea). But after a few weeks of using this, I had noticed that my face was so much redder than usual. Not only that, but I was breaking out more easily and the texture was getting weird (rougher, I think) . Finally, I stopped using the hydrogrip primer three days ago, and the redness has gone down drastically. My other symptoms have pretty much cleared up as well. 

I’m sad, I feel like the primer actually does a pretty good job at holding on to my foundation, but obviously I’m reacting to something that’s in it. 

I did patch testing after an allergic reaction to my eyes and it ended up showing a positive, strong allergic reaction to this specific product which we tested for since I bought it a couple weeks prior to this reaction. The product has a warning about allergies to Niacinamide (B3) as one of the ingredients we suspect was my culprit. My eyelids swelled up and it took almost 2 weeks to go away. Another ingredient to keep an eye on may be that blue agave that's in it. Niacinamide is not in any of my other facial or eye products that I tested negative for. Hope this helps others. 

Same thing happened to me, I had a worst reaction around my eyes 😭

Thank you for posting this and bringing awareness to possible allergies. The area around my eyes swells up and is red and itchy, the day after I apply this product. It’s such a shame as it’s a great primer but I’m vowing not to use it again. 

I used the milk hydro grip and both times I have used it my face swells up. This second time it is so bad my face looks burned! 

my skin around my eyes got irritated after using this and I’m wondering how you guys got rid of the irritation . It’s been 2 days and it’s still sensitive 

Anonymous Insider

Omg, yeah. I had the WORST reaction after using this. I got the mini to try, and when I put it on I felt a sting, but it went away after it dried but my face was super red. It started feeling drier too. Over the next 2 days my whole faced (mainly where I concentrated the primer tho) cracked, bled, and felt like the worst chapped skin/sunburn I've ever had. Treating it with pure aloe and argan oil. It hurts so bad 😭 . Plus, I cant wear any makeup because its flaking off everywhere and very red.

Me too! I applied it and my skin felt a little tight and dry, but I figured it was just your usual dry skin. Later throughout the day, I kinda felt like my skin was literally cracking and drying out from within. After a few hours when we got back home, I took it off immediately and my skin literally looked like it had a chemical burn. Blazing red, welts, cracking, and it was so painful felt like my skin was on fire. I am actually going to a dermatologist today to see what I can do to fix it so it doesn't leave scars and ask her about the ingredients, etc. I've never had a reaction to any skincare or makeup product before. 

Milk Hydro Grip primer - any reactions?

this is a good question. I almost bought this the other day, so I definitely want to know! personally, I tend to stay away from skincare that isn't specifically formulated for sensitive skin. otherwise, it can take up to a week for my skin to calm down.
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing