Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Milia prevention help!

I know what they are, how they're caused, and how to prevent them, but I don't know which reputable products to use.

my current routine:

-Micellular water- oil free

- First aid beauty cleanser or I switch and use the PTR Anti-age vitamin c cleanser (orange bottle)

- then I'll add caudaline vinoperfect serum

- finish off with ole henriksen sheer perfecting moisturizer.

- my foundation is CC Cream from it cosmetics.

I've noticed they come when I use cheaper drugstore products. I was surprised when I noticed a surge where I apply benefit's hula bronzer for almost a year. Might switch to bare mineral bronzer. 

Which cleansers, exfoliators, retinols, and moisturizers help prevent milia? Would I benefit from Sunday Riley UFO oil?

Re: Milia prevention help!

Hi @Ariiee, two products that helped me a lot in preventing milia were Paula's Choice 2% BHA and Drunk Elephant TLC Glycolic Serum (AHA/BHA Serum). Basically, acids are your friend in terms of breaking the milia apart. You don't want to dry out your skin while you're doing this, so you want some sort of moisturizer or hydrating toner in your routine as well. Could you benefit from the UFO Oil? Probably, since it contains 1.5% salicylic acid and I'm not seeing something comparable in your routine right now. If you got the UFO, you wouldn't necessarily need the Paula's Choice 2% BHA since they are designed to do the same thing. Hope that's clear and good luck getting rid of the milia. I've had them and I know they can be a pain. Here's my favorite link for dealing with them:

https://www.carolinehirons.com/2011/08/milia-cheat-sheet.html

Last resort, go to a derm and have them removed.

Anonymous Insider

Use one product at a time for a week to rule out one spec...

Use one product at a time for a week to rule out one specific product. Then slowly go back into a routine. If it does it during the routine only, your routine itself may be too heavy.

RE: Re: Milia prevention help!

thank you! do you have specific products to recommend?
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing