Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Micellar cleansing water

Do I need to wash my face with a face wash after using micellar cleansing water or can I just go into toner, essence, serum, moisturizer?

Re: Micellar cleansing water

@Rachel22456 I don't wash off micellar water either, I usually use that as my cleanser in the morning and at night use a regular cleanser

Micellar water is really a first cleanse to replace oil or balm as needed. You should at the very least rinse it off, but I highly recommend using a second cleanser with most micellars.

RE: Micellar cleansing water

I have sensitive skin and so first i use the micellar water and then a gentle cleanser

@Rachel22456 @I don’t wash my face after using cleansing water.  I have dry skin and just double cleanse with a cleansing balm and cleansing water. 

I have one and im from manitoba!

The mini size is not currently available on the Canadian online store. Where did you get it?

@Rachel22456  I was a longtime micellar water user and always used a cleanser afterward. If nothing else, you should rinse your face with water after using a micellar water, mostly because some of them contain surfactants that shouldn’t stay on your face. 

Here’s a micellar water you don’t need to follow with cleanser or rinse off: IT Cosmetics Miracle Water Micellar Cleanser 8.5 oz/ 250 mL. (Sephora also sells a mini size.) I don’t use this on a regular basis (I use Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover—and even that is just my first cleansing step), but I keep a bottle on hand for days/nights when I can’t stand at the sink to wash my face. A couple months ago I was very ill and put on bed rest. I kept a bottle of this micellar cleanser, some reusable cotton rounds, and my daily moisturizer on my nightstand so I could wash my face. It works just like It Cosmetics claims it does. 

RE: Re: Micellar cleansing water

The mini one is not sold in Canada. Americans get all the good stuff.

RE: Re: Micellar cleansing water

Thank goodness for the mini sizes. The Caudalie micellar cleansing water videos show them not washing their face afterwards but I agree, it probably is a good idea, especially for sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. There are nights when I can’t wash my face and I usually use cleansing wipes but micellar water is gentler and is my new favorite thing. I’m using the Garnier one right now.

@Rachel22456 From what I've read, you should wash your face after using micellar water.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing