cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Meet the Brand: Summer Fridays Q&A

Hey Community!

This is Marianna Hewitt and Lauren Gores, the founders of Summer Fridays, the new clean beauty line that just launched exclusively at Sephora.com.

As bloggers, we've tested and tried just about every product out there and after years of comments from our followers and readers we created the perfect product that they told us they wanted. Our readers are just as busy and exhausted as we were and wanted a super fast and effective product to make their skin look and feel more awake. But what DIDNT we want? We said no to all the bad stuff, we'll tell you more about it when we chat!

After two years of dreaming up Summer Fridays, our new clean, luxe face mask, Jet Lag Mask is now available! 

We will be here all day today answering questions so feel free to ask us about the brand, Jet Leg Mask, clean beauty, and even ourselves!

Looking forward to chatting!

MariannaandLauren.jpgSummerFridaysMask.jpg

Xoxo,

Marianna & Lauren

Re: Meet the Brand: Summer Fridays Q&A

Looks beautiful! I’m excited to try it out soon! Best of luck with your launch!  @SummerFridays

I was really excited to try this product since it was marketed as being a clean product. When I read the full ingredients list I was disappointed to see PEG 100 Stearate listed because it's a carcinogen. Would you ever consider re-formulating? I'm a big fan of you both and want to buy it, but anything synthetically produced using Ethylene Oxide isn't something I want to get absorbed into my skin. Thanks and congratulations on the launch! 

You should be shopping at CAP beauty, Integrity Botanicals, Detox Market, etc.

@Samantha4359wrote:

I was really excited to try this product since it was marketed as being a clean product. When I read the full ingredients list I was disappointed to see PEG 100 Stearate listed because it's a carcinogen. Would you ever consider re-formulating? I'm a big fan of you both and want to buy it, but anything synthetically produced using Ethylene Oxide isn't something I want to get absorbed into my skin. Thanks and congratulations on the launch! 

Hey ladies! Congrats on the product launch! Would you say this is good for hydration? How often do you recommend use? 

Great question @mrsbaine! And thanks for answering @SummerFridays, I am also in need of some major hydration.

Is there a benefit or amping-up effect of using it in different ways? Or is using it under makeup the same effect as applying it as a temporary treatment? Would definitely consider picking it up if it ever came Canada-side.

Hi! This mask is great for hydration!! It's like a giant glass of water for your skin! I honestly use it everyday under makeup - you can use it as often as you'd like day or night - there's no such thing as 'overuse' with our jet lag mask!

Thanks! I just ordered it! I'm always looking for a good hydration mask! Fingers crossed! 

RE: Meet the Brand: Summer Fridays Q&A

Hi, how would I incorporate this mask into my current skin regimen?

Re: RE: Meet the Brand: Summer Fridays Q&A

Hi! There are multiple ways to incorporate the mask into your skin regimen! You can use it in the morning, apply a thick layer and leave it on for at least 10 minutes to allow it to settle into your skin. Wipe off the excess with a tissue and it will serve as a primer for your makeup. You can also apply a thinner layer at night and leave it on as you sleep. You will wake up with dewy and hydrated skin.

@SummerFridays Congrats on your beauty launch! 💜

Thank you so much!! 

Hi Marianna & Lauren!  I'm excited to hear more about you guys and your brand! 

Why did you decide to start your line with just one product rather than a bigger line?  

I have oily skin, how would you recommend I use the Jet Lag mask?

What are your top 3 can't live without products?

Thanks for hanging with us today!

Hi Michelle!  We're so excited to be launching Summer Fridays at Sephora.

We decided to start with one product because we know as consumers it can get really overwhelming when learning about a new brand, its hard to decide which product to try with so many options!

Jet Lag Mask is great for oily skin, normal, combination and dry.

Besides the Jet Lag Mask, I cant live without my Dr Dennis Gross alpha beta peel pads, a beauty blender and Armani Beauty luminous silk foundation.

Hey @SummerFridays! I have two questions for you 🙂 

1. You mentioned leaving out all the bad stuff, can you please tell us more about what you left out and what you chose to include in the formula?
  2. I tested this mask out the other day and want wait for others to try it! How do you recommend using it? A light layer? A thick mask? Looking to experiment!

Thanks for hanging out with us today!

We left out synthetic dyes and fragrances, parabens and sulfates, we're also cruelty free and vegan. There are also No phthalates, surfactants, petrolatums, BHT, BHA, or silicones.

One of our co-founders Lauren was pregnant when we formulated our masks, so it was important to her to create a formula that was safe for her while pregnant.

You can wear the mask so many ways, but when applying be sure to apply a visible layer. For night or on the go, apply a thin visible layer and it will soak into the skin.

If wearing around the house or at home or you need an extra boost of hydration, you can apply a little more in areas where you need it where you may be extra dry.

Hey Marianna and Lauren!

Would you recommend to use for more of a daytime skincare routine or night time?

Hi! You can use it both day and night. Lather it on for 10 minutes in the morning and remove with a tissue or towel, then you can apply your makeup directly over it (like a primer)! It will create dewy skin! For nighttime, apply a layer after washing your face and allow the mask to soak in overnight. Wash your face as normal in the morning. 

Hi! What skin type is this good for??

Great for multiple skin types! Normal, oily, combination, dry and sensitive! We both have very sensitive skin and created our mask with sensitivities in mind. 

19 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 40 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos2
  • MariannaandLauren.jpg
  • SummerFridaysMask.jpg
testing