Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

ARCHIVE: Masks on the Move!

UPDATE: The new thread is up! If you are joining in, or just prefer to sit back and watch, join @lmaster at:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Masks-on-the-Move-Spring-V3-0/m-p/5134552/highlight/...

Spring MOTM box will be starting in mid-February. If you are interested in joining, please take a moment to complete the brief survey below prior to January 31st. ***If you have not participated in this or other BIC traveling boxes/unicorn mail, please PM me prior to completing the survey.*** We hope to see and share masks with some new faces!!!

Spoiler

Some pertinent info regarding the NEW double-box-in-progess set-up:

Spoiler
We will have two boxes in process this time. We are currently discussing the box composition and will update once decided what works best for the group.

Two BIC'ers will start off the boxes and they will travel through the shipping order until they make it to the other person at the end. 

CA participants are welcome to join again, we just need to ensure we have enough participants willing to ship in/out of the country. This will affect shipping order; other than that, order will be tentatively arranged by region to help offset shipping costs for participants.

Thank you to all who joined in the last round, we ended up with almost quadruple the original masks, which allowed me to create two new separate boxes (I also added in the extras from the first MOTM). There will be a bag of extras as usual, you all are so generous and make this so much fun!

Looking forward to February:)

Thank you @itsfi for all of your help in setting up the framework for the MOtM, and your many helpful suggestions. The entire masking community here is grateful to you! 

giphy

Spoiler
  1. There will be 10 face sheet masks in the packet at all times. you can remove as many or as little as you would like; but there should always be 10 masks moving forward to the next participant. You may add in extras like eye, feet or hand masks, but they will not count toward the 10 masks (they are little bonuses😉). Let's just try to keep a good variety in the box, and if there is an ISO, please be kind and don't take it out as an extra. 'Filler' masks would be great bonus items to take out when there is an overflow. Really! Filler masks would be defined as daily masks, generally ones that can be found at TJ Maxx/Nordstrom Rack/etc. and/or are widely available
  2. How do I ship? Padded flat rate Priority envelopes are great for this, and can be ordered for free on the USPS site. Any packaging is fine, but please take care to ensure the masks are adequately protected. A smaller package will encourage more participation, which in turn makes things more fun! Think cost-effective for those shipping internationally. 
  3. Will this be open to US and Canada? Yes! As long as there is an interest and participants willing to ship, we would love to cross the border. This would be taken into consideration in the shipping order.
  4. Any eligibility requirements? Anyone who is has posted regularly to the previous or current thread is eligible. In addition, if you have been involved in other thread challenges on a regular basis/BIC exchanges such as Holiday, Galentine's or Halloween/traveling boxes, you are also eligible. We love new participants, please PM me if you are interested! 
  5. Approval: To be fair, a minimum of the person receiving the box and 3-4 others will suffice. If at all possible, please take into account any ISO's or skin type when moving the box forward.
  6. Mask Guidelines: The idea is to share your Favorite/Great Finds/Discoveries Masks. Please be considerate and keep in mind this is to give others (and yourself!) an opportunity to try some new and different masks. Let's not send gross masks/masks we just want to get rid of - this is to share our love of masking!
  7. What happens if the box gets lost? USPS provides a $50 insured value for free. If a box is lost in transit, you are responsible for shipping an additional box to the next participant. Declaring a $50 value ensures that you would be reimbursed by USPS in the event your package is lost; however this is a lengthy process and thus it would be your responsibility to keep the flow of the boxes moving by curating a new box and shipping it out as quickly as possible.
  8. How does the order work? I will use a random generator; if there are Canadian participants I would need to take that into consideration depending on how many people would be willing to ship in/out of country.

Re: Masks on the Move!

Great choices both ways @sonnydee 🙂

It looks good to me @sonnydee 

This is such a cute idea ...

I have just recently been more active in the BIC and am absolutely loving all of the positivity  and kindness (as well as amazing reviews) !!!

Can't wait to become more involved as well and hopefully have new holy grails 🙂

Also hope to hear all about how the masks applied !

@sonnydee I'm late, but it looks good to me! 👍

Looks great @sonnydee 

looks great @sonnydee 👍

looks great @sonnydee 👍

@sonnydee I think everything looks fine! I also think the foot mask was just an extra from @Kim888, and that you don't need to put in anything to replace it. Please let me know if this is incorrect - but the original plan was to have 10 face sheet masks - anything else someone throws in like a foot/hand/eye/what-have-you mask would be a bonus. Just a gesture of kindness 🙂 Anyway that's my two cents. I'm done now 😄

@eshoe @Oh yeah I just threw it in for someone try - i have like a trio of them so I figured it would be cool for someone else to try as well 

yeah the foot masks were extra @eshoe that's why I put it...

yeah the foot masks were extra @eshoe that's why I put it off to the side but I figured if I'm taking one...might as well put something back. 🤗😉 this was fun! how many approvals do you think is sufficient?

Re: yeah the foot masks were extra @eshoe that's why I put it...

This is why I love masking @sonnydee. I don’t think I’ve ever met a stingy masker😂  I think 4 is good, we have a small group. I hope to hear more input, but if the person ahead of you and the next one is ok with it, then that would seem good to me, too👍🏼

Masks on the Move!

Its heeeree!😋😜 so many good ones! Very nice collection of masks @eshoe & @Kim888 Now, just where do I begin....and yall know I'm all about the foot peel! in fact, it's time again🤗🧦@lmaster do you want to know what I put in? or a surprise? I'll post what I take out of course😉

Fun! @sonnydee 

@sonnydee I don't mind whatever you choose to do 😉 super...

@sonnydee I don't mind whatever you choose to do 😉 super excited

Yay @sonnydee I’m so glad you joined in, this is so much fun👍🏼😄!  Nice of @Kim888 to send along the foot peel and eye gels, right up your alley🙌🏼 Can’t wait to see what you select:)

yay glad it arrived okay @sonnydee ! can't wait to see what you pick!

@sonnydee  oh how exciting!! 

I’m not sure what the normal amount of masks to swap out would be! I have four I’m  interested in! That seemed like a normal amount to me haha but if anyone else has other ideas feel free to chime in! I’m also snagging out one of the eye gel packets and putting in another small non face mask. 

I haven’t tried any of these masks so I’m super excited! Love strawberries and I’ve seen many of you ladies try the when masks but I haven’t yet!

B2648AC4-2F6E-4FBE-8729-C578DD382C35.jpeg

@sonnydee Do you want to be surprised by what I put in or would you rather I post so you can see if you’d rather I include something else? 

@Kim888 I hadn't tried the When masks until @eshoe raved about them. Glad you picked one to try.

@GalPalVal17 you picked some up from Costco, right? I know I bought a few for backups😉

@eshoe Yes, was hard to pass up esp on sale. They have a new combo pack so if/when it goes on sale I’m all about it!! These are great masks. 😉

yep I'd say swap how many you want @Kim888 😉👍

yep I'd say swap how many you want @Kim888 😉👍
Conversation Stats
Photos132
  • 200.gif
  • prop.jpg
  • more.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • riveted colbert.gif
  • 045C1D1F-4429-4965-8D61-A9E1B33AF065.jpeg
  • IMG_5843.jpg
  • IMG_5840.JPG