Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Masks, Masks Everywhere- Share Your Experiences Here

Hey ladies-

After starting yet another mask trying spree, it occurred to me that it might be a great idea to have one thread with our common knowledge of various masks in one place- a BT guide to masks if you'd like.  We have the swatch board for makeup, but nothing like that for skincare.

If you submit a mask, please include the following:

• Name of mask
  • Type of mask (rinse-off, peel-off, etc)
  • What type of skin you have
  • Your experience with it
  • Do you recommend it? To whom?
  • And is there anything else a BTer should know?

I'll get started here in a minute...

Re: Masks, Masks Everywhere- Share Your Experiences Here

Thirded! I got three of these too, oddly enough, and while it smells nice it is pretty meh in the enzyme mask benefits department. It's gentle, but maybe so gentle it's not really doing anything!

I actually really liked this mask. I have extremely oily skin, and I've found it works best when I use it w/in a few days of using a clarifying mask.

Name of Mask: Lush Cupcake

Price/Availability: $6.95, in store at Lush only

Type: Rinse-off

My skin: combo-extremely oily t-zone, combo part of skin can get very dry and flaky from retinols etc, some redness

My experience: Eh. Not my favorite. Messy. Short shelf life (due to fresh ingredients). Sort of smells like chocolate? Very pasty. Did not help my oil control nearly as well as Origins Charcoal mask.

Do you recommend? No. If you want to try a Lush fresh face mask for the first time and you have acne prone skin - sure, try it. I did not find it very effective though and being pasty, application is a little tough - I'd have little chunks flake off as I tried to smooth it over my face.

Interesting, since I adore this one (see review below).  Of course, I wasn't looking for it to be a substitute for the Origins- which is probably why it works well for me.

I definitely went in comparing its oil control abilities to Origins. While it doesn't stack up to it (and hence isn't worth it to me) it is a funexperience so I think people should check it out if they are new to Lush masks. I am interested in trying the Love Lettuce mask - not sure about any other Lush masks, though. This one just might be a little gentle for me - my skin oxidizes and breaks down Lancôme Tient Idole 

Ultra 24 hour in less than 4 hours Smiley Sad (sorry iPad is wonky and won't let me edit/keep typing after I try to erase a few words and I'd already attempted typing that a few times!

Ah, that helps a lot- I can't use the Origins mask all-over (or the Murad) because my skin is so sensitive.

See, this is why this thread is already awesome- there is so much good info here!

Oh yeah - these go on my entire face! Haha

Isn't it such a pain to get on Beauty Talk on the IPad. I have the hardest time. 

I'm going to do the Fresh Sugar scrub because it's like a mask.

Name of Mask: Fresh Sugar Scrub
Price/Availability: $55 at Sephora
Type: Rinse off
My skin: Severely dry skin with breakouts 
My experience: This is seriously amazing. The smell is so beautiful! Exfoliates well! And Hydrates! This is such a luxurious mask! But worth every Penny!
Do you recommend? Heck Yes
Who should use it? Dry skin types, anyone who needs to exfoliate, not sure how it would work with oily skin types.

174 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • swfupload_8980622225217476296.jpg
  • swfupload_7833194108042955580.jpg
  • swfupload_425836401191757292.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • s562090-main-hero.jpg