Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Masks, Masks Everywhere- Share Your Experiences Here

Hey ladies-

After starting yet another mask trying spree, it occurred to me that it might be a great idea to have one thread with our common knowledge of various masks in one place- a BT guide to masks if you'd like.  We have the swatch board for makeup, but nothing like that for skincare.

If you submit a mask, please include the following:

• Name of mask
  • Type of mask (rinse-off, peel-off, etc)
  • What type of skin you have
  • Your experience with it
  • Do you recommend it? To whom?
  • And is there anything else a BTer should know?

I'll get started here in a minute...

Re: Masks, Masks Everywhere- Share Your Experiences Here

image.jpg

Yes to cucumbers calming facial mask.   Rinse off mask.  I have super oily, acne prone skin that can get red.  This is AMAZING.  Not to be gross, but pop a zit and spot treat them with this, 30 minutes later it is nearly gone.  No joke.  Sometimes I'll take an hour nap with it on as a spot treatment.  LOVE.

Name of mask: Murad Blackhead and pore clearing duo

Type: rinse-off (after you let it sit, then scrub a bit)

Type of skin: combination/dry

My experience: This is not meant to go all over your face, only to the spots that have blackheads. I have been applying it exclusively to my nose.  I do notice that my blackheads are not as pronounced as they were.  This will probably be something that will need to be continued on a periodic basis to maintain.  Also, the duo comes with a "sealer" that is supposed to prevent more blackheads from occuring.  

Recommend? Based on the price point and the fact that my pores seemed more visible (and there fore much bigger), I would say skip unless you have a lot of visible blackheads and small pores

image.jpgName of mask: Boots No 7 Beautiful skin and hydration mask
Type: rinse-off (or wipe-off)
Type of skin: combination/dry
My experience: Perfect for the dry winter months.  This is very cooling and hyrdrating for dry, parched skin.  Put a layer on your skin and sit back and relax for up to 10 minutes.  Then wipe off with a towel or tissues or rinse off.  My skin afterwards felt so soft and supple.
Recommend? Yes, especially to dry skinned people out there.

s562090-main-hero.jpgName of mask: Fresh Rose Face Mask (Deluxe Sample)
Type of mask: Rise-off after 5-10 Minutes
What type of skin you have: Normal to Combination
Your experience with it: refreshing, light & Airy
Do you recommend it? To whom? since it's my first mask I have ever tried I cannot quite make recommendations on it quite yet but hope to come back and edit this post once I have tried some others. 
And is there anything else a BTer should know?: it's good for hydrating & toning the skin.

@WhereYouStand That mask was awesome!  Did you ever get through that tub of yours? 

I forgot about this... lots of good mask info!

Whoa!  I'm seeing names in this thread I haven't seen since the Planty fiasco! @starletta8

Name of mask: Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme
Type of mask: Rinse off
What type of skin you have: Combination
Your experience with it: It evened out my skins texture and brightened it almost immediately! 
Do you recommend it? Everyone without sensitive skin.
And is there anything else a BTer should know? Ive heard that some people with sensitive skin have trouble with it so be careful. The mask is a 3 in one so it resurfaces the skin, evens out your complexion and exfoliates! Im pretty sure Im leaving something out but that one is a mask you definitely wanna try. There are smaller sizes so try those first!

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • swfupload_8980622225217476296.jpg
  • swfupload_7833194108042955580.jpg
  • swfupload_425836401191757292.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • s562090-main-hero.jpg