Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Masks, Masks Everywhere- Share Your Experiences Here

Hey ladies-

After starting yet another mask trying spree, it occurred to me that it might be a great idea to have one thread with our common knowledge of various masks in one place- a BT guide to masks if you'd like.  We have the swatch board for makeup, but nothing like that for skincare.

If you submit a mask, please include the following:

• Name of mask
  • Type of mask (rinse-off, peel-off, etc)
  • What type of skin you have
  • Your experience with it
  • Do you recommend it? To whom?
  • And is there anything else a BTer should know?

I'll get started here in a minute...

Re: Masks, Masks Everywhere- Share Your Experiences Here

Name of Mask: The Fab Pore Facial Peel 

Price/Availability: $25, it's currently sold out on sephora.com but I think it can be found on amazon as well!

Type: Rinse off.. it's called a peel but it really is more of a scrub in my opinion/experience

My skin: very sensitive & acne prone

My experience: After trying another scrub that I had high hopes for but was WAY too harsh for my skin I nervously decided to give this one a try and I was SO impressed! I really love the texture of the mask/peel because it's extremely soft and smooth as you rub in the small beads. My skin always feels softer and cleaner after I use it-- I can't speak to it actually making my pores smaller though as I haven't noticed any difference there.

Recommend? Yes

Who should use it: Anyone who wants to try something that will offer cleaner, smoother, brighter skin without being too harsh on sensitive skin! 

Does anyone else remember the old Sephora The Great Pumpkin Mask?  That thing was INTENSE and awesome. 

I wish I could try it, it sounds interesting! Or maybe I am just daydreaming about covering my face in pumpkin pie filling and smelling delicious... Smiley Very Happy

After reading your post, I thought, "there's got to be any easy DIY mask out there," and I found one on the care2 website. Haven't tried it yet, but I definitely will.

Pumpkin Pie Face Mask

Ingredients
2 teaspoons cooked or canned pumpkin, pureed (see above for benefits)
one-half teaspoon honey (humectant, regenerative)
one-quarter teaspoon milk (or soymilk)(alpha hydroxyl acid, enzymes digest skin cells)

Optional Ingredients
For Dry Skin
one-quarter teaspoon heavy whipping cream (moisturizing; alpha hydroxy acid)
-or-
one-half teaspoon brown sugar (exfoliates, moisturizes, alpha hydroxyl acid)

For Oily Skin
one-quarter teaspoon apple cider (tonic action promotes skin circulation; alpha hydroxyl acid; regulates pH).
-or-
one-quarter teaspoon cranberry juice (high in antioxidants critically important to the utilization of essential fatty acids to maintain balanced, nourished skin.

Directions

Combine the ingredients for your facemask. Mix gently and apply to your face avoiding the eye area. Rest and relax for 10-15 minutes while your pumpkin pie facemask gently exfoliates, nourishes and conditions your face. Rinse with warm water and apply the appropriate moisturizer for your skin type.

I've always wanted to do the whole DIY face mask but I get worried my skin will break out. I've tried an avacado mask with leftover avacado from guacamole. But that's bout it. 

Ah, if you are looking for a pumpkin mask, True Blue Spa pumpkin mask sold in Bath and Body Works is great. It seriously smell like pumpkin pie filling + whipped cream. Sometimes I put that on, then some salted caramel lip balm.....and I haven't figured out if that helped fend off my dessert craving or just make me feel like someone smashed a pumpkin pie in my face.

Sorry guys, a little late here but wanted to share my personal experience on a particular mask that has been helping me like nobody's business this past week! 

Name of mask: Peter Thomas Roth Sulfur Masque
Type of mask: A mask that targets acne specifically white heads; rinse off
What type of skin you have: Normal w/ oily t-zone; acne prone
Your experience with it: A hard worker. I have used this mask three times so far and each time afterwards I have seen a more clearer complexion. It's lifting my under lying white heads (bumpy skin patches) and raising them to the surface to dry out! I'm liking the results so far and the purging period is worth it to get those pesky little bumps out.
Do you recommend it? To whom? Yes, only to those who are looking for an acne treatment for white heads and closed comedones.
And is there anything else a BTer should know? Yes, I have read suggestions on using this mask before you hop in your shower and throughout your shower period (2-5 minutes) then rinse. It can be very drying if there is no moisture in the air even for those with oily skin plus the steam helps open the pores for the mask to work even better. You can also use this as a spot treatment which is great for the occasional white head. I know sulfur smells bad, but to my surprise this mask doesn't smell like rotten eggs. It smells more like earthy clay than anything. 

I was hoping someone would review this. I had it in my Loves for awhile but couldn't decide if i really wanted it! I might give it a try when i run out of my Murad Clarifying Mask.

I was actually going to get the Murad one since my skin loves their products, but after comparing a few other masks for fighting white heads, the PTR seems like the one for me. 

You made a good choice. Murad doesn't help me much with whiteheads. 

This mask is a wonder-worker on cystic acne and whiteheads. It can be a bit drying, but it's the quickest, most effective acne product I've ever used.

Has anyone tried the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask? I think it looks super nice for the summer!

Oh i'm curious about it as well. It says you can put it in the fridge and thats sounds sooooo nice on a hott day!

Yeah, so nice on a hot day! I just bought the PTR 20th Anniversary set though, so I will have to wait a bit before I get the one with the cucumber mask.

I got this mask as a sample when I made a purchase through the Peter Thomas Roth website about a year ago.

This mask really isn't anything special, but because it's a gel and because the cucumber is soothing, the whole mask is good for reducing redness and cooling down your skin.

Frankly, I think you could just take aloe vera gel, keep it in the fridge, and use it as a cooling and soothing mask as well.

@rikkie (I didn't feel like searching the thread for our convo about it) But The Murad Pomegranate Mask has indeed been discontinued. Smiley Sad 

I'm terribly Sad! But they did tell me that the Intensive-C Radiance Peel is similar to it. And i have a deluxe samples so it seems time to use it! 

That's awful! I'm going to pick some up online asap then! I am so excited to try the Intensive-C peel, I scored big on a full size one for $15 on ebay last week!

Oh nice. That's a good find. I cant wait to try it. Maybe tonight. Monday is one of my face mask nights!!

Will you do a review of it when you do? I had like a flood of things arrive at my husband's place as soon as I couldn't have them. Smiley Sad  If it's too long I may have to make him ship some things to me, haha. I am thinking I will use my OH mask tonight!

Oh nice! I hope it works out for you. I will most certainly post my experience with The Murad intensive c peel! I'm thinking I'm going to go do that now before I get too tired and lazy lol!

Name: Sephora instant moisture mask

Type: rinse off

My skin type: dry, sensitive

My experience: I picked this up when it was on sale.  I was able to get two uses out of one pack.  While the mask was on, I felt very relaxed as it was cooling on my face.  After rinsing off the product, my skin did indeed feel more hydrated and calm. I wouldn't put it in my regular cycle, but it is perfect after a long hectic day (Feels like I am at the spa).

Recommend? Yes, for anyone looking for hydration and relaxation.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • swfupload_8980622225217476296.jpg
  • swfupload_7833194108042955580.jpg
  • swfupload_425836401191757292.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • s562090-main-hero.jpg