Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Maskne

Help! I have never had a skin care routine! I have very little knowledge of beauty products and what is used for what! I never had acne nor blemishes on my face ever, since wearing a mask 3/4 of the day everyday I can't seem to get the acne/blemishes to go away and get my skin back! I wash my face at night with a "milk cleanser" that I got from a local drug store but it hasn't helped at all!! I have combination skin oily in the T zone and dry everywhere else and semi sensitive skin! Help any suggestion/ tips is appreciated!!! 

Re: Maskne

If you like the milk cleanser as a cleanser, @purplepuma2488 I'd keep that as a basic cleanser and add in a light moisturizer and sunscreen. Once you have those in place then two or three times a week, I'd look at adding a BHA/salicylic acid serum in between cleansing and moisturizing to help combat the acne. There are lots of good options to check out for that type of treatment including SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads or BHA serums from Paula's Choice or CosRx.

Hi @purplepuma2488 ! I love Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL . Have a wonderful day 💕

used to have to wear a face mask/respirator a lot for my old job, so here are some things I'd recommend to help with the fallout of that, @purplepuma2488 

For before:

Consider adding more layer of hydration and protection, including a HA serum, moisturizer and face oil. You might also want to consider a salve as well. Let it all absorb before putting on your mask.

Throughout the day:

Consider the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Calming Mist or Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist

For after:

Calming masks:  Origins Original Skin™ Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay 2.5 oz/ 75 mL ,  First Aid Beauty FAB Pharma Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask ,  REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask

Spot treatment: Maybe try the Sunday Riley UFO or whichever is your fave. There's a lot of options.

Skin repair: Anything with ceramides, like the  Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Cream 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

Redness reduction: something with blue tansy, CBD or Cica would help. I like a bit of the  Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin  which comes in a trial set with a mask or the  Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Calming Gel Cream  or anything from their Cica line.

Good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing