Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Masking question...

Just a quick question. How often are you supposed to do a face mask per week?

RE: Masking question...

Clay masks shouldn’t be used more than once per week. Sheet masks can be used more often, but it really is up to your skin and what it can handle. Some people have issues with break-outs from masking too often. Also, it depends what you are really wanting to use the mask for. If it’s a weeknight and you’re tired and want to relax in front of the tv with a mask on, but you had a face mask on the day before; change it up. Try a foot mask or hand mask instead. If it’s first thing in the morning and you are a little puffy, sometimes an eye mask that has been kept in the fridge is all you need. Face masks are great but you don’t want to clog your pores and have the masks work against you instead of for you. Good luck!

Re: Masking question...

Hi @Lolo124 ! It really depends on your skin type and what face mask you use! If you have really sensitive skin, you might find that doing masks more than twice a week irritates your skin, maybe not! If you are starting a new product, I’d recommend starting with once a week. Have a great day 😊

@Lolo124  It depends on what’s in the mask or what kind of mask it is. A mask is really just a delivery method for serum, so you can use them as often as you would a bottled serum. 

I don’t do exfoliating masks or a clay masks more than 1-3 times a week. My skin has a love-hate relationship with honey, so I use honey masks no more than once or twice a week. Most other sheet masks I own, I can rotate through daily. I don’t often mask daily (sometimes I just don’t wanna, or my skin doesn’t need it), but some folks do. Some folks mask twice daily. 

@Lolo124 It really depends how much your skin can handle.

You can mask everyday if you wanted to.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing