Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missy94612, thank you! It's a fun tee - super cute with the animated veggies. 

@itsfi  Oh this shirt is amazing ๐Ÿ’™.  This mask sounds terrific ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you @Cissy63! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ We were working on food groups so I thought the kids would get a kick out of breaking up into teams based on the food groups & having tees for each team. ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ•๐ŸŒฝ๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿ  The harder part was trying to find a veggie focused mask that I havenโ€™t posted about. ๐Ÿ˜‚ JMsolution does it again! This will be a repurchase. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@itsfi ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ„ ohhhhh I've not seen this beauty before!!

@lmaster, I wish I used this one closer to when I purchased it. It seems to be in short supply and dare I say it, probably discontinued? I mean, why wouldnโ€™t it be? Itโ€™s a mask I find to be amazing. Of course it would be discontinued! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi  Oh my goodness that shirt is adorable! Kinda reminds me of Veggie Tales! A toddler I use to babysit loved them and I even had the theme song memorized ๐Ÿ˜…

The sheet mask sounds wonderful! That's great there wasn't a scent with this one - Tea Tree definitely has a tendency to be strong! I really need to start looking for more of this brand - sounds like you've had a lot of luck with it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I haven't been to TJ Maxx in a while, but I remember always finding JM Solution there. 

Thatโ€™s so funny @Shosh85. I love that you had the theme song memorized. ๐Ÿ˜† Their songs can be catchy. Long ago, when Gymboree was still around, I was in the store  when they had a Veggie Tale episode on and the kids watching just wanted to keep it playing over and over again. I spent that afternoon trying to get โ€œOh where is my hairbrush?โ€ out of my head. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

I was nervous about the tea tree in this. Sooo happy it is unscented. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I also like the Etude House tea tree mask - from the 0.2mm line; glad that one didnโ€™t get discontinued from that series. 

@itsfi  Oh my gosh, the Hairbrush song! I like how Larry the Cucumber realizes in the song that he doesn't have hair and doesn't actually need a hairbrush... "no hair for my hairbrush"  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

The Etude House Tea Tree mask was a good one! I got great results, but I didn't love that it had alcohol.

I think my favorite Tea Tree mask is from DewyTree, but I've also really liked ones from Mediheal, Freeman and Whole Foods. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

W is for water and wellness (I'm interpreting the "la pause" in the mask name as a reminder to hit "pause" during this busy time of the year for a little self-care). And pause I did (or am doing now) with leftovers wrapped up and put away, dishes done, and me having sneaked up to my room for a quick respite with a cup of tea and this mask.
12.25.2022 Laโ€™dor La Pause Hydra Mask.jpg

Spoiler
Mask:La'dor La-Pause Hydra Skin Spa Mask
Brand Origin:Korea
Manufacture Site:Korea
Claim(s)Soothing, moisturizing & hydrating (good for sensitive skin)
Material:Possibly eucalyptus fiber or cotton cupra
Adherence:Great, has a second-skin like feel. Melds beautifully to skin and contours of my face.
Fit:Good width, length and the area between the eyes is perfectly sized for me. Openings for eyes and mouth lean slightly on the narrow side but can be easily adjusted with a snip here and there for a tailored fit.
Key Ingredient(s)Cypress water (47%), rose water, sea water, beta glucan, sodium hyaluronate (0.3%)
Essence:Clear liquid, but not runny
Scent:Clean, lightly crisp, fresh, with subtle floral, herbaceous, and woodsy notes. I do pick up a very faint hinoki scent in there as well; it's mild and like the other notes, fleeting.
Viscosity:Light, enough to keep the essence from being runny or drippy, but not so heavy that it feels gooey or like a serum
Performance (30 minutes of wear):Wears very comfortably. Feels nice, soothing on the skin. My skin feels hydrated even as I'm wearing the mask.
Tack / Stickiness:Interestingly, no tack or stickiness after removing the mask, but there's a noticeably heavy tackiness as I press and pat the essence into my skin. This tack dissipates quickly as the essence is fully absorbed into my skin. 
Results:Skin feels supple and moisturized. I can feel something on my skin, but it's not filmy, greasy or uncomfortable. It actually feels like I applied a moisturizer to my skin. 
Best Suited For:All skin types, though those with oily to very oily skin might find the final feel of the essence a little too much in the warmer seasons. Good for fighting winter weather and dry patches.
Will I Repurchase?:Oh yes ... once I figure out where it was that I picked up this beauty. Ha! 

La'dor (which is derived from combining Leaf + adorable = Lador) is a Korean brand specializing in hair care; that's actually how I came to know the brand - their snail mucin-based keratin hair mask is lovely and a repeated repurchase! From what I've seen, they have (or perhaps had) a couple of sheet masks, including this one. It'll be interesting to see if it decides to enter into the skincare business. If this beauty is any indicator, I'd definitely be on board to try out more skincare products from them. This mask turned out to be a lovely new discovery and based on its performance and results, it would be fitting for next week's favorite mask theme as well. I really enjoyed this one and highly recommend 

Edited to add (12.28.2022) - INCI list 
thumbnail_INCI - Laโ€™dor.jpg
A quick little note ... 
Spoiler
Hey maskers! I feel like 2022 flew by, sometimes right past me. lol. We still have a few more days to go and I'll probably get in at least one more masking sesh, if not a couple, before the end of the year but so far, from a masking perspective, 2022 has been made up of: 
  • 103 sheets from multi-mask packs; 
  • 107 individually wrapped sheet masks; 
  • numerous sleeping, detox, exfoliating and hydrating wash off masks; and 
  • loads of fun with y'all! ๐Ÿ˜ 
Warm wishes to everyone this holiday season - a bright and blessed Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day. ๐Ÿ’– Excited for another year of masking with you lovelies! ๐ŸŽ‰

@itsfi 

Wow, that's some good masking for the year! Your skin must be very happy with you. Love that chart - lots of good information at a glance.

Thank you @missy94612! My skin is very finicky but has gotten better over the years, little by little. 

@itsfi  So good to see your opinion.  This is another one for dry skin.  Wow, way to go keeping track of the masks you have used ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you @Cissy63!  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I initially stated keeping track of my masks to know which to repurchase. I still do that to some extent but now, itโ€™s to see patterns in terms of what works when for my skin. 

@itsfi  Never heard of this one! Definitely sounds great for dry skin! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I love that you tallied up your masks - you got through so many! Great job! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

@Shosh85, my skin was so happy with this one. So of course itโ€™s difficult to get a hold of or more likely, has been discontinued. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Keeping track of my mask seems to get harder every year. Itโ€™s probably more that I get less diligent about it as the years go by. I know I mask less frequently than I used to.

@itsfi Great work this year!!! This mask sounds amazing. 

Thank you @Samtian๐Ÿ˜Š I don't use a sheet mask every day any more so it's interesting to me to see how frequently (or infrequently) I use a mask. Curious to know what 2023 will look like as my skin continues to go through changes and adjustments. 

@itsfi 

100% agree on pausing. The mug is super adorable!

Happy holidays maskers. Happy New Year too!

@nuinui933, it's a good thing to give yourself a "time out" every once in a while. Oh, thank you. The mug is from Pier 1; how I miss that store. ๐Ÿ˜ž 

@itsfi 

How do you keep track of  your masks? Do you use a spreadsheet? 

@missy94612, in my early days, I kept a spreadsheet with notes on each mask I used. Nowadays, it's a combination of a journal / notebook and a spreadsheet. Or, sometimes my phone if I'm traveling.

21,367 Replies
testing