Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@missjeanie @eshoe

Yep! Nailed it ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Oh, it's too bad this wasn't a wow @lmaster! It had the makings of a great all around mask, especially if the mask resembled the illustration on the packet.

@itsfi I know, the cute factor is there ๐Ÿ˜Œ I honestly felt like my HA serum I use was better than what this mask gave me

Oh, thatโ€™s a bummer @lmaster! Do you think this would be better in the warmer months, when hydration, though important, is less so than in the wintertime? I mean, it would be odd if that were the case given the whole Christmas / winter theme to the packaging.

For my skin right now @itsfi yes, absolutely, this would be better in the warmer months

So I did a few sheet masks last week along with a lot of wash offs I want finished up before year end.  I however did forget to take photos as I've been a bit scatter brained between work and holiday hubbub.  The one photo I did remember was one where I spied what @itsfi was using for her mask and decided I could just copy her in lieu of coming up with my own ideas.  Why re-invent the wheel eh?

Spoiler
The Creme Shop Sea Kelp Eye Sheet Mask was lovely.  I've got a couple more of this style and I'll always be open to more of them in my life.  they cover a good chunk of my upper face including my dry under eyes and crows feet area, and totally allow for snackage while you're wearing it.  The mask is actually a bit wide for my face and I needed to fold the edges a bit to avoid getting into my hair.  The eye holes were pretty good, though I did still snip across the bridge of the nose (I do this on about 80% of my masks).  I had it on for maybe 30-40 minutes (I lost track of time).  My skin has been on the crazy dry/dehydrated side of late and this was a lovely post shower boost before I carried on with my skincare.  No tackiness, a good bump in moisture and easy to use.  Twas a win.
79E5A79E-F6A4-4D80-8C0A-D82F50983EA9.jpeg

โ€ƒ

40354221-11E1-4B2E-801F-58DA9284245F.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I tried to copy itsfi's flatlay.... lol I have a few masks from various events, alas, I do not have the same photography skills. 

@missjeanie  Great picture! This line of eye masks are definitely super fun! Happy to hear you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I wish more companies would make this shape of mask more often!

Your mask is adorable @missjeanie @and you tried! Yes, this is pretty one and we would love to see more:)

@eshoe  the masks are pretty... we really need to have more masked balls to go to post-pandemic, I could use a new reason to wear a ballgown and get prettied up.  Maybe I'll just start wearing them when I change outta my nighttime PJ's into my daytime pj's? lol

Ha I love that you have daytime and nighttime pjs, @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜‚ I have a name for my daytime ones, they are called yoga clothes;)

@eshoe  at this point in the game I don't even pretend anymore lol... the level of 'dressed' I get on any given day has drastically changed from a year ago! Jeans feel so dressed up these days! My only solace is that I think it's most of us, not just me. 

Oh yes I have worn my jeans maybe three times in the past nine months, @missjeanie. I think I even mentioned to my husband that I felt like I was dressing up the last time I wore them! I am thinking of doing a closet clear out before the year ends, might need to donate a few pairs...

These are such cute eye masks!! @missjeanie 

lol @lmaster  I think the cute factor is one of of TCS's strongest characteristics!

Your photography skills are fantastic @missjeanie, as are your masks! ๐Ÿ˜ These masquerade eye masks are really great! I like all the โ€œflavorsโ€ and wish TCS would introduce new ones (but not if it meant theyโ€™d discontinue the current variations in the line). The colors, design and flourishes on your mask is so pretty - love the green and gold! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi I think I picked up a bunch from Meijer when I was over in ... February maybe?  I'm not mad at having a few more! These may be my current fav TCS masks.  It was a great idea to copy, thanks for the inspiration!

@missjeanie, Iโ€™m all for not reinventing the wheel! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ Also, I get inspired by many maskers here. โ™ฅ๏ธ Ummm, hello, two-a-days??!! Also your cocktails ๐Ÿธ  and masking and @WinglessOneโ€™s talk of wine ๐Ÿท, well, let me just say, Iโ€™ve made note of both of those! Oh, and the masks too. Iโ€™ve made notes of the masks reviewed as well. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Funny that @itsfi .... it's a cocktail and mask night here tonight.  Rye and Gingers this evening... dang... should have gone with a themed beverage! Tomorrow. 

Ooooh, rye and gingers @missjeanie?! Rye whiskey is something I very much enjoy. Putting rye and gingers on my list. Do you do just rye whiskey and ginger ale or do you add any extras?

For the most part it's just plain ol' Rye and Ginger (Canada Dry Diet for me) @itsfi .  Nine times out of ten it's just regular Crown Royal, but I've been switching it up lately with their flavoured Rye.  They have a peach, apple, and a few others, I'm using the Northern Harvest tonight simply because it's open.  Apparently it won a bunch of awards.  I used to drink Rye and Diet Coke all the time, but this last year Ginger ale has been the winner.  I talk like I'm a big connoisseur lol. 

21,372 Replies
testing