Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Daily vegi... wine. 

I feel at one with this mask. 

๐Ÿคฃ

@lmaster 

Isn't that just..... Life?? ๐Ÿคฃ @quspork 

@lmaster  Hmmm, well, I think I'd rather have wine in my mouth than on my face, but I'm glad it turned out decent! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿท

@Shosh85 I totally get that ๐Ÿคฃ

I've never seen a wine sheet mask in my life @lmaster it's a pairing I'm having trouble wrapping my head around ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

@CynthieLu, red wine contains resveratrol which has been said to boost antioxidant levels and neutralize free radicals; it helps to boost the skinโ€™s barrier to make it better equipped to ward off things like UV damage. Itโ€™s also been said to make skin more firm and supple. Red wine is more marketable friendly. I get it - Iโ€™d pick up a sheet mask marketed as a red wine mask ๐Ÿท than a resveratrol mask. ๐Ÿ˜† Though Iโ€™d more than likely just go with a bottle of red wine and pick any sheet mask out of my stash to pair it with. ๐Ÿคฃ Maybe just me??? Hahaha! 

Lapcos, SooAE, Naisture, and Dermal, along with TonyMoly as @Cissy63 mentioned make red wine sheet masks. Holika Holika makes a red wine (and a white wine) sleeping mask that is packaged in a jar shaped and designed like a wine barrel. Red wine was a popular skincare ingredient in the Kbeauty space a few years back. @lmaster 

@CynthieLu  I believe Tony Moly makes a Red Wine sheet mask!

@CynthieLu I think this might be the second brand I've seen, the results were nice, the scent mehhhhh 

Well whatโ€™s a brunch without some booze @lmaster ! itโ€™s always so weird when masks smell like wine ! Glad to hear it worked well for you!

It did smell like wine, it wasn't the best scent, thankfully I couldn't smell it when it was on ๐Ÿ˜ƒ @Kim888 

Pancakes and Bananas for Breakfast 

Spoiler
First up the gudetama face pack.

scent: sadly not pancakes haha. It was just a generic mask scent 

fit: it was long and narrow. The fabric was nice and soft though and it adhered well 

results: hydrating, not tacky. I would repurchase this - itโ€™s a great filler mask.

Also tried the No:hj honey mask. A little confused since itโ€™s a picture of a banana on the front 

scent: not like bananas or honey. It had an odd scent but I couldnโ€™t put my finger on what. Something like old banana, but not. 

Fit: a bit large. Very smooth mask, serum was milky 

results: unmemorable. It was somewhat hydrating and not really tacky, but nothing Iโ€™d run out to buy again. 

9EDBA74A-D7C8-499D-B296-34FD77048E00.jpeg

โ€ƒ

E6D9EF91-C43E-4904-B3AB-FBE586AC78E0.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888, ahhh Gudetama! ๐Ÿ’› I love the print on the sheet of that mask. Definitely makes me want pancakes whenever I see the packaging too. ๐Ÿฅž 

@Kim888 

The packaging on these are cute.

@Kim888  Oh why canโ€™t the inside match the outside?!?!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ.  I am glad at least one turned out well ๐Ÿ˜€

Ok that no:hj packaging has me asking all kinds of questions, @Kim888. Mainly, just why????๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ 

Lol it is so weird @eshoe !

It's always fun to see Gudetama, but that banana mask packaging is cracking me up, @Kim888. Too bad it's performance was underwhelming. And really, there should be some pancake-scented sheet masks in the world. 

@quspork @Yeah I totally picked the mask based on packaging alone lol

@Kim888  Haha! Ok, so why does the banana have wings?๐Ÿค”  So confusing, but so funny ๐Ÿคฃ

Glad the Gudetama one turned out decent! A good maple scent would've been a nice touch though! ๐Ÿฅž

That packaging on the banana mask thou ๐Ÿคฃ it's killing me

@Kim888 at least one was decent, too bad there's no banana or honey scent on the second one ๐Ÿ™„

21,373 Replies
testing