Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I love the heimish masks as well @ather ! Glad it worked for you ! 

@Kim888  It was so good. I would use it again!! 

@ather, love a multi-masking sesh with a detoxifying mask and then a hydrating and soothing mask. These two sound like a wonderful treat for the skin. ๐Ÿ˜

P.S. You're very much on point, btw. You have your G for grocery store mask with the Trader Joe's clay mask and a G for gotu kola or tiger grass for the sheet mask, which are other names for cica. 

@itsfi omg I didnโ€™t even think of it! Thanks for always looking out for me!! 

I agree. I have been into multi masking lately! Although normally donโ€™t use a ton of detoxifying masks this time of year without using a hydrating mask. I get extra dry this time of year and the detox masks really dry me out. Which is great when Iโ€™m breaking out. 

Not on theme but oh well 

I had a chance to try out the new SEPHORA COLLECTION Prebiotic Smoothie Mask - I tried the strawberry version! 

Spoiler
so I really just bought this because I wanted the 4x the points on my order a few weeks ago but this is actually a pleasant surprise. 

In both scent and consistency itโ€™s quite like organic strawberry yogurt. Like a nice faint earthy strawberry scent. I left this one for about 15 minutes and then took a shower. 

Usually my face feels dry when I get out but it actually felt nice and hydrated. I would say I got more like 4 hours of hydration, not 8 but I do have dry skin. 

overall for the price this is super solid and thereโ€™s definitely several uses in the tub. 

I also tried this Anti-stress Clay mask

Spoiler
C909C01A-9C25-48AE-A5C3-B754D55FC2F5.jpeg

โ€ƒ
this came in one of the Ulta gwp. It did have a nice scent and was way to apply. Iโ€™m just not sure i understand this mask and I donโ€™t think it did anything. Like ultimately itโ€™s still a clay mask which doesnโ€™t make my skin feel less stressed but also doesnโ€™t do anything for pores which is why I use a clay mask 

I am glad the strawberry version worked well for you, @Kim888. I might have to try it ๐Ÿ“ 

Am I going to have to be enabled @Kim888 ???

Lol at least itโ€™s less than $10 @lmaster ! 

@Kim888, great to hear the strawberry mask worked out for you. The strawberry one seems better suited for those with dry skin. You should give it a try as an overnight mask too.  

@itsfi @I actually thought it was an overnight mask when I bought it but then the instructions said wash it off ! But im definitely down to try it both ways ! 

@Kim888, Iโ€™ll have to check the tub when I get home but I feel like it says on there that you can leave it on overnight. Or maybe Iโ€™m just making that up? ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

ETA: I must be just making it up. I wonder what I confused with this mask saying it could be left on overnight. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ 

@itsfi @lol I definitely also seriously had that impression until I double checked so maybe it does just look like an old product or something ! 

@Kim888 "organic strawberry yogurt" is very specific ๐Ÿ˜‚

I love the theme! Unrelated to this weeks theme I've been working on using my sample of the Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask 5 oz/ 150 mL  I've decided to destash it. I haven't noticed any difference in my skin, but it's possible it's an old sample. 

Good for you for de-stashing something that is taking up room, @Samtian. That feels so good! 

@eshoe Yes it does, thank you!

@Samtian I'm getting ready to do the same thing, I think I have two minis of this that are way old

@lmaster Out with the old!

Oh @Samtian, I'm sorry this one didn't do anything for your skin. It was / is one of the PTR masks I like. It's a good move on your part to destash it - if it's not working for you, better to move on with something that is. 

@itsfi Thank you! It used to be so hard, but it's getting easier to just toss things. 

@Samtian @When it comes to mud masks this was never a fave of mine either . I always loved the volition one, Iโ€™m sad Sephora no longer sells it 

21,373 Replies
testing