Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  I actually liked the scent - It smelled mostly like Black Tea to me. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I know I could just put moisturizer on, but tack never bothers me, so I just like to test it and see how long it lasts. Next time I'll definitely have to try it as a primer! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I love that you test out how long the tack lasts @Shosh85 - you are a dedicated masker, my friend! I don't mind tack, either; I find it helpful most of the time - good for really gripping my next skincare products or makeup. ๐Ÿ˜

M is for magnificently moisturizing masks

More M's - Moonshot Moonbright MaskMore M's - Moonshot Moonbright Mask

Moonshot Moonbright Mask is a soft, very thin microfiber sheet mask coated in a slightly sweet, slightly earthy floral-scented, light-but-rich creamy essence. Adherence is wonderful, and fit along the perimeter and at the corners of the eyes and mouth can be adjusted for a more tailored fit. This mask claims to moisturize, brighten, and tone the skin. I'm not sure about that latter claim, but it definitely moisturizes and brightens. My skin felt soft, smooth and very nourished after having this mask on for my usual half hour. My complexion also had a fresh, bright, dewy radiance to it. This is a love and an absolute repurchase . . . once I figure out where I picked it up. ๐Ÿค”

M - Dr Belmeur moisturizing.jpg

The Face Shop Dr. Belmeur Mild Derma Deep Moisturizing Mask is a fresh, floral-and-citrus scented, cream serum soaked gauze-y mask that beautifully clings to the skin in a soft, cozy, nourishing embrace, soothing and moisturizing it along the way for, in my case, an half hour. My only regret is that I waited so long to use this wonderful sheet mask. A definite repurchase.

Hmmm, the scent on the Moonbright sounds intriguing @itsfi. Earthy can be so soothing. The Dr. Belmeur also sounds familiar, going to have to check that one out as well.

@eshoe, the scent on the Moonbright mask was a nice one!

@itsfi  Oh nice, 2 great masks! Love that they both have creamy serums ๐Ÿ˜ I've never heard of/seen that Moonbright mask! It sounds wonderful- moisturizing and brightening is a great combo!

@Shosh85, yes to a moisturizing and brightening mask with a creamy serum! That combo always makes my skin happy. โ™ฅ๏ธ It figures that the Moonshot Moonbright mask isnโ€™t readily accessible. ๐Ÿ˜ Isnโ€™t that always the way? ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m pretty sure I picked this up at a local shop. The entire Moonbright line seems to be mostly OOS which makes me wonder if I picked this mask up a long time ago, longer than I thought. 

Would love to know if you figure out where to purchase the moonbright mask from @itsfi 

@lmaster, Iโ€™ll definitely let you know if I can figure it out. Youโ€™re one of the lovelies who I thought would really like these masks! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I have a feeling I may have picked up the moonbright mask at one of the local Asian beauty stores pre-pandemic. Interestingly, I saw that Sephora Singapore carried or once carried the brand!

M is for Mediheal 

M - Mediheal.jpg

Spoiler
Oooouuuh, these are nice. ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’– Many of the hand or feet masks that I've used in the past leave a wet feel to the hands and feet immediately after removing the mask, undoubtedly as a result of the viscous liquid serum in the masks. These Mediheal masks, on the other hand, with its richer emulsion-like serum left a more emollient (but not greasy or goopy) feel to my hands and feet when I removed the masks.  The Mediheal Theraffin Hand Mask has a fruity-herbal lotion scent that smells very familiar to me - I know I've come across this scent somewhere else, but I can't remember in what product. The Mediheal Paraffin Foot Mask has a light mint scent, that is pleasant and relaxing   

With these Mediheal masks, my hands and feet felt moisturized and nourished, as opposed to hydrated and refreshed with other masks, like the Sephora Collection cucumber mask I used last week. There's a slight tacky-to-the-touch feel after massaging the serum that remains after removing the mask but it disappears once it is completely absorbed into the skin. When it comes to non-exfoliating / non-peeling masks, these Mediheal theraffin hand and paraffin foot masks are, in addition to the cica ones from Aveeno, my top choices for hand and foot masks.

NOTE: these are an older version of the Mediheal masks. The brand seems to have undergone a packaging redesign on all of its masks. My understanding is that the formulation remains the same. I plan to pick up more of these hand  and foot masks at some point and will see if that is in fact the case.

Wow paraffin, @itsfi - that reminds me I had a paraffin hand bath at one point in my life. I never used it though, I think it was a little too intimidating. The hand mask on the other hand sounds just right!

@eshoe, paraffin wax treatments can feel so relaxing, especially in the wintertime. Itโ€™s a bummer you didnโ€™t get a chance to use it.

Love that paraffin foot mask, @itsfi. It really is so nicely nourishing without being overly sticky. 

@quspork, agreed. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I used to think that all non-exfoliating foot masks were generally the same but Iโ€™m finding that there are some standouts in that space, and this Mediheal paraffin foot mask is one of them. Iโ€™m now curious to see if other brands have something similar. ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi  I have yet to use a hand or foot mask from Mediheal.... moisturized and nourished  sounds great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, it seems like they might have been going for something like a hot paraffin hand and foot mask here. Oooh, a mask with a milky lotion-y serum like these but with a thermal / warming component would be sooo nice. ๐Ÿ’ก Maybe next time, I'll try putting them in the microwave, after removing them from the packaging, before putting them on. Hmmm... ๐Ÿค”  The more lotion like serum really lent itself to being more moisturizing. 

These sound so very nice! @itsfi 

@lmaster, I was surprised by these masks, in a good way. ๐Ÿ‘ I've neglected my feet so it was a nice treat for them and the foot masks served as a reminder that I need to get in a foot peel / exfoliating mask. I'll probably wait until next week - no need for a trail of skin patches while hunting for Easter eggs. lol. ๐Ÿ˜‚

M is for Madecassic Acid and also I just wanted to share the cute little nose patch from @eshoe 

Spoiler
This Papa Recipe mask is a really cool gauze-y material. I love how it feels in a mask for sure! The scent was very fresh and pleasant and fit was nice as well. There was extra serum in the pack. I left it in for 15 minutes and I felt like any longer and it may have started drying out. Overall my skin felt very hydrated and non tacky after use - I would totally get another one 

I also used the cute little nose patch. Peeling those off is so satisfying !!!

D473A922-0E65-4475-9425-71B996653AC6.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888 yay for gauze masks! Happy to hear you enjoyed this one. Iโ€™ve gone through a few five-packs because it is just comfy and some nights itโ€™s just better that way ๐Ÿ™‚

@Kim888 the papa recipe sounds excellent

21,357 Replies
testing