Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

R is for rewind and redux. These were masks I had planned on using during O week (o for oeuf - French for egg) and P week (p for protein powerhouse), but didn't get a chance to use them for whatever reason, probably too many masks but too little time; incidentally, the JMsolution mask would also have worked for Q week as ubiquinone is another name for co-Q10. So, earlier this week I decided to rewind a few weeks in the schedule and have a little redux sesh with both these masks and turns out, have a eggy duel as well. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

R - rewind - redux - Mediheal eggy.jpg

Spoiler
If you have a small face, the Mediheal Eggy Skin Aqua Mask may be particularly fitting for you. On me,  fit is fine width-wise and at the chin and jawline, which is ordinarily where I need to shave off some materials. It is, however, a very short fit when it comes to covering my forehead. Usually, the material on sheet masks ends up being anywhere from 1/8" to 1/2" short; this one was about an inch short. Adherence was good fit can be made to work with a few small incisions to the corners of the openings for the eyes and mouth. There are 3 different varieties within this line and this particular aqua mask boasts triple hyaluronic acid and ceramides to provide hydration and glow to the skin. There's a light non-descript fragrance to the thin, runny but not drippy essence. After an half hour, skin looks and feels hydrated and dewy, though I wouldn't say these results were significantly more than other sheet masks. This is one I would be happy to use again, but probably would not seek out.

The more JMsolution sheet masks I use, the more JMsolution sheet masks are added to my repurchase list. At the rate I'm going, my mask library could be sorted by brand as I'm finding that certain brands just have a lot of masks that work very well for my skin. JMsolutions is one of those brands.The more JMsolution sheet masks I use, the more JMsolution sheet masks are added to my repurchase list. At the rate I'm going, my mask library could be sorted by brand as I'm finding that certain brands just have a lot of masks that work very well for my skin. JMsolutions is one of those brands.

Spoiler
The JMsolution Glory Aqua Idbenone Egg Mask is an unbleached microfiber mask that clings beautifully to the skin, and except for it being a little long at the chin and jawline, provides a very good fit with my face shape, size, and features as well. The runny but not drippy milky essence has a clean, fresh sheet mask scent to it, coats the mask beautifully and feels cooling, soothing and nourishing against the skin. An half hour with this mask leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, bouncy and nourished, results hardly worth complaining about. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ This is a definite repurchase and will be a staple in my mask library. ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  Love the egg duel! Do you usually have both white and brown eggs on hand?

Glad to hear you liked both of these! The JMsolution sounds wonderful! Now I feel like I need to start collecting the brand! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜†

@Shosh85, oh, the white eggs are salted eggs. I was trying to make a steamed egg dish and the recipe called for salted eggs. ๐Ÿ˜ I've really enjoyed every JMsolution sheet masks I've tried so far. They do have some with star ingredients that are not the norm; another reason they catch my eye! ๐Ÿ˜‚ The pink snail mask is a good one; as is the goat milk sheet mask. 

@itsfi  I love this theme (J'adore les oeufs), and the JMsolution sounds like perfection. I really haven't encountered that many egg masks other than TCFS.

"J'adore les oeufs." Moi aussi @PrettyPaintโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿฅš TCFS egg mask was the first egg sheet mask I used and I didn't realize there were others out there until maybe a year or so ago?! This JMsolution one will be a staple in the mask library. So good!

Love the sounds of the JM mask @itsfi 

It was such a good mask @lmaster! I was very pleasantly surprised. ๐Ÿ˜ I've been happy with all the JMsolution masks I've used so far. They have some unique "flavors"; I think that adds to my interest in and love for the brand. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi  Great use of letters!!! Itโ€™s to bad the first one fit a little small. The second one sounds great!

Thank you @ather! ๐Ÿ˜ I was so pleased when that Mediheal mask was fitting width-wise and at the bottom; it was when I noticed a couple inches of forehead not covered by the mask that I let out a "D'oh!"  @eshoe mentioned a firming version of the Mediheal eggy mask โฌ‡๏ธ; perhaps I'll try that one to see if it's just how the mask is sized in general or if I happened to get a dud! 

@itsfi  Good plan!!! I think I have a placenta mediheal one Iโ€™ll have to try it out. I like to think I have a pretty big face so Iโ€™ll be able to tell if itโ€™s not the right size 

Oooh, I have a Mediheal placenta mask too @ather. Is the packaging white and brown? I have no idea how many placenta sheet masks Mediheal carries, but that brand has a very robust selection of masks, so I would not be surprised at all if it had more than one. I have to say that using sheet masks all these years has  confirmed that I just don't have a common face shape. Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Which is all good as I'm quite used to my face. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi  I believe it may be brown and white. Iโ€™ll have to check tho.  I mean who wants to have a common face shape. Way more cool to be different then the norm!

Nice eggy duel @itsfi ๐Ÿ“! The JMSolution has been added to my growing list. The Mediheal looked familiar, I believe the yellow firming one was my first try from the brand. That sent me on a brand exploration excursion, as I believe it felt quite soft against my skin and was comfy. Itโ€™s nice when you find those โ€˜certain brandsโ€™ and can settle in๐Ÿ˜Š Etude House is a good one.  I would be interested to know what other brands you find to be just right! 

@eshoe, what a nice intro to Mediheal! ๐Ÿ˜ Yay! Happy to hear Etude House has been a winner for you as well. Such a great brand in general. I would include Mediheal in that list of sheet mask brands that have been good to my skin, along with Leaders, Papa Recipe, Lovemore, SNP, and JMsolution. I'm sure there are others that I can't think of at the moment. Tagging @quspork and @Shosh85 as I think they'll have some great ones to share as well. 

I think the eggy was a good intro too, @itsfi โ˜บ๏ธ The Lovemore, not sure I have tried anything from that brand yet so I will be on the lookout for it. SNP has many goodies, too, as does Papa!

@eshoe, I've been impressed with 2 of the 3 sheet mask lines that Papa Recipe has; I imagine I'll feel the same way about their third collection. You can find Lovemore on YesStyle and Stylevana, but I think they're sold on those sites in packs of 5. Glowieco sells them individually - they're based in California and I have ordered from them before. 

@itsfi I appreciate the haul tips! I am going to take a look at Glowieco, the countdown has begun๐Ÿ˜‰ T-59 days!

Cute week. This is one of my most favorite masks from The Creme Shop ๐Ÿฏ

5A8688B2-BD14-413C-AD46-15BD68C1FE3F.jpeg

Spoiler

The Creme Shop Cica-Mend Animal Face Mask ๐Ÿฏ

This mask is thin-medium cotton that had a cute tiger design on it. It was so drenched with serum, I had to shake it a bit before placing. It had a pleasant clean and fresh kind of scent that was hardly noticeable while the mask was on. The fit was great and was only a little too long at the chin. It was comfortable to wear and the adherence was good, except for the extra length at the chin that didn't want to lay flat. I removed it after about a half hour. The serum and tackiness that was leftover absorbed within minutes. My face looked a little brighter and more even and my skin felt refreshed, hydrated and soft and smooth.

I'm really happy I decided to buy 2 boxes of these, because I'll definitely have no problem using them up! I'd probably even repurchase more if I spotted them at Marshall's again ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ingredients:

Spoiler

ABD1C284-349D-4BEE-877C-86DCBF5991CE.jpeg

The mask:

Spoiler

78126D32-8D96-4C94-BFFA-9B864CAF4CF8.jpeg

@Shosh85 - the tiger is adorable. Good to know this gives you nice results too.

@missy94612  Its hard not to love a mask that's both fun and effective! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿฏ

@Shosh85  That is a super cute one! The serum sounds really nice the way you described it. 

21,373 Replies
testing