Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Time to reset and begin again. The 2021 Challenge is finally here! 

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Rinse-off masks & peels (physical or chemical) that soften your face & body. Much gratitude to @keana1 for this new challenge!

Letter of the Week:  E

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Yes from the discontinued Waterest line, @eshoe but I've been happy with some of their older masks and was inspired by @lmaster to pick up a couple of the newer ones a couple of months ago, so can't wait to work those into the rotation! 

All the good ones are discontinued, arenโ€™t they @quspork ๐Ÿ˜‚

@lmaster  Mmmmm....This sounds about perfect. I'll most definitely need to check this one out. 

@PrettyPaint this line has been a hit!!

Another winner from this Goodal line! Love hearing that @lmaster! โ™ฅ๏ธ Will be keeping an eye out for your thoughts on the other masks from this line and excited to hear which will be your favorite.

@itsfi I really do love these!! Another review is coming up!

Yaaay! Looking forward to it @lmaster๐Ÿ˜

@lmaster Happy to hear you enjoyed this one! Sounds like this line is pretty good so far! The packaging always looks so refreshing ๐Ÿ˜Š Can't wait to try the ones I have! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 they have been a hit!! I hope you love them too โ˜บ๏ธ

Cross posting from the Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six thread. 

Peach & Lily is having an online sale on certain Kbeauty skincare products, up to 70% off:

Peach Lily sale.PNG

Some folks here may have already heard about this (and may have already picked up some goodies), but thought I'd post here for any maskers who may be interested. 

Tonightโ€™s masking courtesy of my amazing Secret Santa @tjffc ๐ŸŽ„โ„๏ธ

C3E6BC90-2216-486B-A1ED-74B3CC066352.jpeg

Spoiler
Iโ€™ve never met a pore strip that rivals Biorรฉ. Until now. This little beauty (The Crรฉme Shop x Little Twin Stars Bye Bye Blackheads) managed to clear my skin better, not only slightly better, but monumentally better, than Biorรฉ. Iโ€™ve already ordered four more boxes. The bonus is that these do not have parabens, which the Biorรฉ strips do. Canโ€™t wait for the Eggnog mask to arrive, too!
900FEE52-EED8-458D-8C39-844D869D17F5.jpeg

The Crรจme Shop x Little Twin Stars Fusion mask with collagen and watermelon is fun (printed, yay!), has a light standard sheet mask scent (mini boo-a watermelon ๐Ÿ‰scent would have been soooo good here)

D9920C8D-3183-459D-88F1-F18281DDA50B.jpeg

The ingredients list is so, so short which I am a fan of, the serum was plentiful and my skin soaked sit all up within about 20 minutes. Only the slightest tack remains. This was fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe Im so glad it worked well for you.

๐Ÿค— @tjffc 

@eshoe Better than Biore?! Dang. I need to try these! Bonus points for the cuteness! Glad to hear they worked so well! I'm impressed with your little one for giving it a try - those strips can really hurt, even for an adult! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I kid you not, @Shosh85! I bought some of the Hello Kitty ones too, Iโ€™m guessing they work exactly the same but I couldnโ€™t pass up the opportunity to test them out.

Yes, she handled it well. Like pulling off a bandaid, I was impressed. Youโ€™re right, I am scared when it comes time to remove !

@eshoe ohhhh a rival??? Good to know!! Super cute designs too

Yes, @lmaster - the mini tried one, too. It actually pulled out hairs, and her eyes tears up๐Ÿ˜ณ So cute, love them. 

@eshoe, The Creme Shop collabs with the Hello Kitty and Friends have included a lot of good masks. Nice to hear these worked well for you. As to be expected, the illustrations are super cute.

Tagging @WinglessOne, if I'm remembering correctly, you're a fan of Little Twin Stars, yes?

Yes they are some of my favorite Crรจme Shop masks, @itsfi! The nose strip even hurt a little more than Biorรฉ, which was fair warning it was going to do its job:)

@eshoe Better than Biore you say??? 4 more boxes you say!!!

The strip did not look promising @missjeanie. It was cute and the side that adheres to the skin seemed a little slick. But when I removed, it was nothing like the Biorรฉ. I see great results with those, always. But this was so incredibly gross that I wanted to take a photo, but could not bring myself to do it. Iโ€™ve never ordered direct from them, there was a $50 min for FS (otherwise just under &10 shipping) so I went ahead and ordered a few other things. My daughter tried one after seeing my results and it pulled off all of her peach fuzz. She had tears, and her nose was red afterwards. 

7,494 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1,367
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg