Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Yes!!! That's the oil mask @Shosh85! Thank you! I couldn't remember the two flavors. Ohhh, I think you would like that Mediheal DNA mask. They have since come out with a redesigned packaging. Pretty much any sheet mask by Mediheal is a good mask for me.

I just used one recently @Shosh85 @itsfi @missy94612 may have been the Oil mask. I did enjoy it, and my skin wasnโ€™t angry with me afterwards โ˜บ๏ธ

@missy94612  @itsfi It's definitely hard to keep the list short! ๐Ÿ˜…
Some favorites of mine, in no particular order (that aren't discontinued) are:

- A'pieu Banana Milk One Pack

Galantry Step by Step Moisturizing Mask

- A. by Bom Ultra Royal Glow Queen Mask

- Lapcos Honey Nourishing Mask

- Lapcos Aloe Soothing Mask

- Papa Recipe Bombee Honey Mask (the original)

- Ulta Beauty Natural Fiber Banana Sheet Mask 

- Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Ceramide Mask

- Leaders Bye Bye to Dry

Since you're new to masking you're probably not into Snail or Horse Oil, but just in case, I also really love:

- Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Snail Mask

Mediheal Horse Oil Proatin Mask

@Shosh85 

Oh wow! You and @itsfi are great! 

Haha! I think I have tried a snail sheet mask before - it was in a gift bag one of my husband's coworkers gave me for the holidays - I was a nervous I have to admit but I have been following a few of you ladies as you've talked about them. Horse oil is a new one to me, but I jotted down the one you mentioned and the others. I will use the list for myself and as a small 'thank you' to my husband's coworker. 

The Galantry masks sound really good @Shosh85 @eshoe. I feel like I've heard of them but I can't quite recall what exactly the packet looks like. Google search, here I come. lol

ETA: ahhhh, I remember a few folks really liking these masks.

@itsfi @Shosh85 I remember @lmaster enjoying the Tone Up one

@Shosh85 I wasnโ€™t aware of Galantryโ€™s Moisturizing Mask; I was actually planning on the Tone Up version for tonight and I am excited to know there are other versions!

@eshoe  After trying and loving the Moisturizing one I immediately added the Tone-Up one to my list to buy sometime! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Well you have sold me, @Shosh85 - the Tone Up fits well, i didnโ€™t have any snips and Iโ€™ve been wearing it about 20 mins now with no drying. Thanks for the tips for @missy94612 and sharing @itsfi, another addition to my list๐Ÿฅฐ

@eshoe  Glad you're enjoying the Tone-Up one! I got the Moisturizing one in a Facetory sub and didn't get around to using for a long time because I wasn't excited about the multiple steps ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

So far itโ€™s been just two for me, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe  The Moisturizing one has only two steps as well, but that's one more than I like doing.... I'm lazy ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh I feel you on the lazy bit, @Shosh85. Iโ€™ve been exceptionally sloth-like with my skincare lately and it will be a struggle to go back๐Ÿ˜‚

So good to hear about your masking seshs @missy94612! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Yay for trying out sheet masks - that Dr Jart Ceramidin line, including  the sheet mask you used, is a great one for dry skin. 

@missy94612 Itโ€™s so cool that you and your husband mask together! The Kiehlโ€™s mask is a great calming and soothing one. So is the Dr. Jartโ€™s. I am curious if you ever had the chance to try the original version๐Ÿค”

Looks like many of us are still on last week, so hopefully I am fitting in. Letter T:

Farm Skin Superfood Salad Tomato Revitalizing Sheet Mask

I thought this was nice and refreshing and hydrating. I didn't take great notes because I did it last week, but the fit on these is pretty decent for me as well. There are also no issues with residual tackiness, etc., so this line works well for me when I want to do a morning mask and apply foundation later.

1.png2.png

These are some of my favorite masks @PrettyPaint 

@lmaster  I feel like that's what got me interested in them! ๐Ÿ˜

@PrettyPaint  Glad you liked this one! This salad line is a nice one - perfect for everyday masking! ๐Ÿ…

@Shosh85  Thanks so much! Yes, I would definitely use this one again.

@PrettyPaint, you always fit in! That line has a lot of good masks. Your masking here could also fit this weekโ€™s theme with those tasty tomatoes! ๐Ÿ… 

21,373 Replies
testing