Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Ah, thank you @Shosh85. I was so disappointed that the sheet mask was discontinued-it was really  enjoyable!

I was very excited for this theme and I had some letters that also matched up too - win win!

Despite doing some pore care on Monday, my face felt like it needed some extra attention. In comes the no:hj Pore Bubble Mask I grabbed out of the Mask on the Moves box

20200721_105646.jpg20200721_105653.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
First appliedFirst appliedBubbles!Bubbles!Rubbing in around the chin, creating more bubblesRubbing in around the chin, creating more bubbles
The mask had a citrus like morning scent when applying but didn't linger. It bubbled better in some places than others. When I massaged it in it had almost a shaving cream type of layer. My face felt fresh after use. I'm not sure how much pore help but my face did seem clean which was good. I did appreciate that the bubbles were contained and didn't get in my nose, mouth or eyes. I'm not a super big fan of bubbles in masks or cleansers but this one was pleasant. A-

Next up I selected a Dr. Jart - the Soothing Hydra Solution Mask which was a gift from @missjeanie 

20200722_110624.jpg20200722_110630.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200722_114828.jpg
The mask had a very medicinal, menthol scent which stayed present during wear. It had a decent fit though mouth was odd but it was easily smooshable and had a nice thin material. I wore it during work (that's normal with the working from home situation, right?) so time slipped by, ~25 minutes. My skin looked nice. The scent was too much for me so I was not even tempted to use extra serum in package. Dr. Jart is a brand I feel has good intent with their products and I want to like but it never pans out as expected for me. It was not bad but a bummer - fit and results were nice but the scent really caused a damper on the experience. B

For another interesting mask I grabbed the Melting Sugar - rose gummy bear sent to me by the lovely @lmaster 

20200723_094015.jpg20200723_094021.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200723_095411.jpg
The mask had a medium rose scent. The specks didn't burst or blend like expected and I felt some just came off on my fingers. There was lots of product for my face and neck. During wear it dried down some. It was a bit difficult to remove, kinda reminded me of ....why can't I think of the product that also felt like it was a layer of gel to wash off. My face felt tight or maybe firm out of shower but after a few minutes felt soft. It didn't seem moisturized enough that I was confident to skip moisturizer. My face looked good and it was nice to try this unique mask. B+

I did a combo of another Dr. Jart - Cheek & Eye Lift from @missjeanie and a blue lip mask from @keana1. I think both of these are different, Dr. Jart with its interesting shape and the blue lip mask cause well it's a blue lip mask!

20200724_100956.jpg20200724_101002.jpg20200724_101018.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200724_103139.jpg
The lip mask didn't have any directions or ingredients so I didn't know what to except. Fun mystery. It had a mint smell/flavor. While wearing it also had the lip sensation of mint, not quite a tingle but something. It was very big but stuck on well. I wore it 30 minutes and my lips seemed smooth and hydrated. This is a type of product that is so fun to try out but I'm not sure if I'd purchase. B+

This is the 2nd time I've used this Dr. Jart mask. I like the bigger size and that it covers the cheeks. I didn't feel the dots as much as last time while wearing. It had a nice cooling sensation. I wore it for 1 hour - way longer than recommended but I still felt some cooling. It helps some with fine lines but Skyn eye gels are more effective in my experience. Still good, A-

Hey @ShortErica , and everyone.... I haven't been on here much... BIC seems to be giving me the gears with loading pages.  I did need to say that I do really enjoy the Dr. Jart under eye mask, like you I like the size, I'm going to need to do a comparison between it and the Skyn eye gels now!  Hope everyone's doing well!

I should have done a duel @missjeanie. Let us know when you try both again and your thoughts. You aren't alone in the BIC frustration. It was really slow, seemed to improve some I want to say maybe Saturday for me, but wasn't perfect, and now is slow again with loading. Hopefully it is fixed soon!

So many good masks here, @ShortErica! That Dr. Jart + is nice, the shape is just right and it adheres nicely. 

It really does! I haven't seen any other masks that shape before @eshoe. It seems such a logical way to extend an eye mask.

Agreed, @ShortErica - wish there were more like it! TCFS has one, or Tony Moly- not sure. I have it but haven’t tried it yet. Maybe I will pull it out this week to compare!

I think I would of loved that scent on the rose one @ShortErica but from your description if it's hard to remove,, I'd pass on it in the future

It was the type where you'd think you have it off and then need to rub more @lmaster. Not the hardest to remove but did take some effort and I was glad I hopped in the shower to do it vs. over a sink.

@ShortErica  What a great line up of masks! As far as bubble masks go, that sounds like a nice one - especially the shaving cream consistency πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

I loved that apple-zone mask! - it's really easy to keep it on longer than suggested! I love the picture! Glad to hear the lip mask stuck on good - those are notorious for being slippery lil' buggers!

Thanks @Shosh85! I was very happy the lip mask stuck on so well. I didn't attempt talking but you're right, the couple I've tried were slippery. It always cracks me up how comically big they are.

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Weird theme - another bubble mask..in sheet mask form. Fit?Almost perfect, it started bubbling as soon as oxygen hit the packaging so i had to work fast. i did have some trouble with the nose flap. it got tucked underneath & then when I finally got it down- half covered a nostril.πŸ˜’ Bubbles up your nose is a bit annoying so I had to adjust again.. Smell? Roses. Real rose scent but it not listed. Lavender is & that is what I was hoping it would smell like. But this was a more than pleasant scent for me 😁🌹 Consistency?It did bubble underneath & on the mask itself to the point I was worried it would slid off. I left it on for about 18 min..by then the bubbles had done there thing but still were hanging out πŸ€— Ease of use? I remained still but sitting for this one. i was able to walk around but I didn't talk. i didn't want to risk getting bubbles in my mouth😝 I did get some bubbles in my hair so on a messy scale from 1-5..1 being not messy & 5 being holy bubbles everywhere. I would give this a 3. Would I  purchase/try again?My skin & pores did look & feel cleaner. If it exfoliated, it was gentle. i added this on with a direct order and I would again. Would happily buy a box if I saw it at TJ or M. {in fact. that would be great. A single mask costs $4.} πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™ the mask performed well.

@sonnydee ohhhh this one sounds really good!! Does it happen to have witch hazel??

0727202201.jpg

 Nope, no witch hazel. @lmaster 

Awesome!! @sonnydee thank you 😊 going on the list πŸ˜‰

This one sounds fun, @sonnydee, even the scent πŸ˜„ So much better when you can find a box of five for about the same price as one, though, isn't it?

Exactly@eshoe.   & I remind myself that & it helps curb some of my spending & shopping for sheet masks. Most of the time😝

@sonnydee  Bubble masks can be a lot of fun, as long as you don't get any in your eyes or mouth! Probably a good decision to keep your mouth closed πŸ˜‚ Happy to hear this one performed well!

No talking with this one @Shosh85 πŸ™Š

TJ Maxx boxes are so the way to buy masks @sonnydee! Hope it pops up there for you.

Me too. If not I'll just add 1 in my direct TCS orders @ShortErica to hit the free shipping mark πŸ˜‹

12,447 Replies