Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster  I didnโ€™t know Dr. Jart did a bubble mask! I am with you I feel the need to wash the bubbles off. Especially if it gets super bubbly!! 

@ather I'm so glad I'm not the only one ๐Ÿคฃ it just doesn't seem right ๐Ÿคท thankfully it wasn't a waste, I did have good results washing it off

I am with you @lmaster!  I have only used 2 bubble masks.  And they were wash offs   I would have done the same ๐ŸŒน. Good to know your skin had good results with it!

@Cissy63 I had good results leaving it on for 15 minutes and washing it off, thank goodness ๐Ÿ˜‚ I just couldn't pat bubbles into my skin and leave it to dry ๐Ÿคท

@lmaster Ooo, a bubble mask! I like how they pop on the skin. It feels so refreshing. I have only tried the Sephora Bubble mask.

@Mellmars1185 bubble masks are fun to me ๐Ÿ™‚ and they leave my skin feeling smooth and soft

I thought this looked familiar, @lmaster - I have this one! I will try it tonight and report back. I think you made the right call on washing it off, that's just...weird? I wonder if I should leave it on to see what happens ๐Ÿค”

I was scared I would have a reaction @eshoe like turn red and itchy ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ my instinct would not let me keep it on ๐Ÿคท please let me know how you feel about it

I have had it out to try since Saturday @lmaster but it was a crazy weekend. My daughter has been sick and needing extra comfort so my nighttime routine has been a little off! Hopefully tonight. I did read the package though, and it is so odd...I do not see any instructions to wash it off. Maybe I will be brave and leave it on half of my face so I can compare ๐Ÿ˜†

@eshoe no it definitely does not say wash it off,,, but I just couldn't leave it on without fully knowing what leaving it on would feel like ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ awwww take care of your princess, you know where I am ๐Ÿ˜˜

Thank you @lmaster โ˜บ๏ธ

So I did use it last night, and do you know, that mask just refused to bubble up! It was the first time I had that happen, too. I checked the expiration date and it was well within the time frame (exp in 2024). Just because of that, I did not worry about washing it off, but how weird.

That's so interesting!! Well, you tried and I agree you @eshoe 

I have never used this one, but when masks don't have clear instructions ๐Ÿคช that's tough right?

That's a hard guessing game @lmaster 

I checked online and one site , Stylvana, had a How To Use Tab, to expand on this one. It says after to pat it in and not rinse, but if every other bubble mask you've used is rinse off I'd still be hesitant โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜…โ€Œ

@CynthieLu yeah I felt so uneasy leaving it on ๐Ÿ˜‚ my instinct said nope

@lmaster I've only used one bubble mask and it was utterly unimpressive.  Have you used any that REALLY bubbled?

Yes, as a matter of fact, the ones I've used bubble so much they usually get in my mouth or eyes @CookieGirl1 ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

To help with my tired, dry undereyes: the Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Gold Eye Masks.  Gosh, these felt amazing a couple of nights ago!  They unfortunately slip around a bit so it's hard to actively work on something else while wearing them but I applied them right before bed and let them work their magic while I read for a few minutes in bed before going to sleep and it was SO relaxing.

20230219_220212.jpg

@CookieGirl1  So happy to hear you liked these! I got some in a subscription once and really loved them too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I actually have a box of the regular Baggage Claim eye masks (not sure if they're really different from the gold masks or not) that a friend gave me awhile back and I haven't even opened them yet!  After trying this pair I'm convinced that I need to break into that box ๐Ÿ˜.

@CookieGirl1  Sounds perfect! 

I absolutely love these eye masks @CookieGirl1 ๐ŸŒน So glad you enjoy them too๐ŸŒน

21,373 Replies
testing