Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missjeanie, June will probably be a 'sheet mask no buy' month, but I am making a note to pick up a 5-pack of these Go-To Transformazing sheet masks at some point. Just to see all of the sayings on the packaging - they're definitely mood makers! @PrettyPaint 

@itsfi  I have never seen this brand before - So cool. I just jotted the brand name down on the papers I was writing on. I swear, I have mask names/brands written in the most random places. 

Hahaha! That sounds very familiar @PrettyPaint! I give myself a pat on the back for not putting mask names on the back of random post itโ€™s that can be more easily lost or discarded than say, a piece of paper. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

I like that @itsfi I find that sometimes the sheet masks don't work miracles on my skin, but they're good for the soul when they give a smile and some relaxation or me time.  I find the entire experience makes it for me.  Amazing art work and supportive words included.   I may or may not have creeped the web page you posted the photo from for future reference!  I'm going to follow your no buy sheet mask June but.... these will creep into my stash at some point!

@missjeanie, I agree! There are many factors that come into play when assessing how well a sheet mask performs and how much of an โ€œahhhhโ€ moment it gives can be a huge factor. โ™ฅ๏ธ These look fun! And they perform very nicely too! 

Haha! The sheet mask no-buy! I figure Iโ€™ll put that into play every so often, even if itโ€™s okay that I pick up more sheet masks. I think the maskers here have found enough sheet mask retailers, online and in stores, that there will be a sale or deal to be had somewhere. 

@itsfi  Hahaha! I love it! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm pretty sure "Amazinger" isn't a word, but I'm also pretty sure I've used it before ๐Ÿ˜†

@Shosh85, that's so great that you've used amazinger before. Yesss!! I think we should all try to use "amazinger" as much as possible and try to get it to become a recognized word. Hahaha! #goals ๐Ÿ˜‚

W is for Watermelon ๐Ÿ‰ 

C55C52F5-9765-4B5E-B976-FFC136A9DE68.jpeg

Spoiler

Look At Me Watermelon Sheet Mask

This is a thin tencel sheet mask that was soaking in a slimy gel-type of serum and had an imitation watermelon scent - similar to a jolly rancher. The fit was good - a little too long at the chin. I kept it on for about 35 minutes. When I removed it the serum leftover was slightly tacky, but absorbed in only a matter of minutes. My face felt refreshed, nicely hydrated, soft & smooth and had a bit of a glow.

I think this might be my favorite from the line! If it weren't for the 10 pack I bought,  I'd probably repurchase ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‰

2E5A7F24-8747-4C2A-9FE6-FA7581E17264.jpeg

Love love love!!! @Shosh85 

@lmaster  Glad to hear you agree! It's by far my most favorite form the line! ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ahhh this mask is such a good one, @Shosh85! Curious to see what the mask situation at TJ Maxx/Marshallโ€™s is like now. I miss finds like this๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@eshoe  It's such a good one! Great results and delicious scent definitely make it a winner in my book!

I haven't been to a TJ Maxx/Marshall's in a while, but plan to once the boys get back into therapy! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I have been once, @Shosh85, but breezed right by the beauty section to avoid any temptation ๐Ÿ˜‚ It sounds like their therapy might be an partial/all day thing? Or seasonal, like school? I imagine that would be a very difficult thing to do over Zoom, because of all the screen time involved๐Ÿ˜• I hope the transition for them is smooth and uneventful.

@eshoe  They have been out of therapy for over a year. We tried Zoom, but that most definitely did not work for them. Then when things started opening again, we were told that the center they've were going to would be closing down. It took awhile, but we finally found a new therapy place to take them to, and they will be starting next week! Their therapy is 9-4, five days a week, all year long. We are super excited to get them started again!

WOW @Shosh85, that sounds like an incredible opportunity! I canโ€™t imagine the hours that went behind getting all if that arranged, I hope it turns out to be even better than expected๐Ÿฅฐ

The watermelon jolly rancher scent just came right to mind when I saw this photo! This is such a great mask - I love that it's made of Tencel! What a steal for such a soft, thin and luxe feeling material!

@itsfi  I really enjoy this one! Definitely gives me a hankering for some Jolly Ranchers! ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ˜‹

@Shosh85 Sounds nice!!

@Samtian  It's such a good one - and perfect for summer/warm weather! ๐Ÿ‰โ˜€๏ธ

Last of my masks from V week and the last of the new Innisfree sheet masks in my stash, with another V for veggie; this time, yams. 

V - veggie - innisfree yam.jpg

Spoiler
The material, adherence, fit and scent on this Innisfree Jeju Root Energy Yam Sheet Mask is the same as the previous masks from the line that I've used - thin, soft, biodegradable eucalyptus and bamboo material that adheres very nicely, is just a little too wide at the temples and chin, and is saturated in an essence with a scent reminds me of plants or gardening

The most noticeable difference between the masks from this brand seems to lie in the type of essence held by the mask. There are three different types within the range - (1) a thin, watery essence; (2) a slightly viscous ampoule essence; and a (3) milky cream essence. This yam varietal contains a milky, cream essence, which is my favorite of the 3 types of essences. It's just so luxuriously nourishing. My skin felt hydrated and moisturized and had a bouncy, fresh, dewy glow to it. This is a must for my fellow dry skin masking pals! To the Canadian maskers here (@heartsmyface@missjeanie@keana1@Aaliaa@ather@haleyvvvv, this yam sheet mask is worth looking into if Innisfree is available in Canada, especially for your c-c-c-cold winters (and likely the ginger one as well since they have the same type of cream essence), unless you are on a sheet mask no-buy, in which case, nothing to see here. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Even with my dehydrated skin that is still a little on the dry side, I felt like I might be able to go without moisturizer after using this mask. I probably could have as it was warmer out than it has been, but I ended up following up with a moisturizer, albeit a thin layer (because my skin is in a fairly good place and I am not about to chance it!). There is one other "flavor" within this Innisfree sheet mask range that has this same milky, cream essence (the ginger version) and I will be picking it up on my next mask haul, which is this weekend! @Shosh85, I know you picked up all the masks from this line - yay! The masks with the milky creamy essence will be an amazing treat for your skin. So nourishing. 

Mask Stash Update:   

Spoiler
This is mask 61 of the 80 I was working through. I have about an half dozen masks that I ordered earlier, but set aside for when I was closer to finishing up the 80 masks. I'll probably start reaching for those late next week or the week after, if I can hold off a bit longer. I've placed the last of my Memorial Day sale mask orders this morning so everything should hopefully be trickling in over the next few weeks. Yaaay! I was good and didn't go over the top (I, too, am surprised with myself ๐Ÿ˜†), and I'm hitting "pause" on any more sheet mask hauls until those come in and I make a solid dent in that pile. 

Impressive for sure!! @itsfi 

21,372 Replies
testing