Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I tried this 2 step mask from Mediheal tonight. It fit well and I kept it on for 15 minutes.  It felt refreshing and soothing so storing it in the refrigerator was definitely the right move. There was a very generous amount of serum included. The claims are brightening and hydrating. I canโ€™t speak too much of the hydrating aspect of it but I definitely noticed my skin looked brighter after. I have a few more of these masks to use before I decide if I would purchase it. My friendโ€™s mother is visiting from Korea and brought us a bunch of goodies so I have some to work through in the meantime. 

6FE49E29-417F-4674-A629-756251F6335C.jpeg

โ€ƒ

DA7D27D3-48A6-4276-80CA-E6F27C527838.jpeg

This is a solid line, @mishanyc! How lucky, too, that your Motherโ€™s friend brought a few masks to share! 

@eshoe Tell me about it.  She's always so generous with the goods. I have a few more I'm excited to try. Just trying to find the time ๐Ÿ˜Š

@mishanyc  

This looks like a nice on.

@mishanyc  Canโ€™t go wrong with any mediheal masks!

@ather I see that Mediheal is definitely a popular one here ๐Ÿ˜Š.  Where do you usually purchase yours?

@mishanyc  Iโ€™m in Canada and Iโ€™ve found them at Superstore. Iโ€™m sure thereโ€™s lots of places that sell it I live in a super small town and we donโ€™t have a ton of places that sell masks and I have to drive out of town to get them. @itsfi  do you know where they sell them in the us? 

@ather @mishanyc, most of the online retailers that are based in the US only offer the Mediheal sheet mask and not the 2-step mask packs, which I imagine are popular in South Korea right now. For sourcing what may be on trend overseas (and which may not get to the US until later), online sites like YesStyle or Stylevana or Olive Young Global might be a good bet.

Just looked online and Stylevana carries it. From my understanding, based on a conversation with @quspork maybe (?), sometimes shipping for Stylevana may take a while. For YesStyle, just make sure to check the note (below the price of an item) as to when it is in stock or expected to ship - YesStyle will ship all items in your order once all items are available, so if you have a product that ships within 24 hours and another that ships within 21 days, your entire order will ship when the product that is expected to ship within 21 days is available for shipping. 

Another good source that is good is RoseRoseShop - @Shosh85 and @WinglessOne have ordered from that site. @heartsmyface is in Canada but she has good knowledge about international sites for Asian beauty products. 

For US based online retailers that carry Mediheal, there's Masksheets, along with Soko Glam and oo35mm (which has a store front in NY).

Whiterabbitjapan.com is a legit shopping service for all things in Japan.  All you need to know is a product name, search it out in Japan and a personal shopper will go acquire it for you.  Thereโ€™s a high likelihood that if itโ€™s popular in Korea itโ€™s made its way to Japan.  
iherb is also a good site for masks.  I donโ€™t know if they have those specific Mediheal masks  but worth checking out @itsfi 

@mishanyc  Mediheal makes some great masks! Happy to hear this one turned out decent for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Thank you!  I have a stash of a few more. Hopefully they'll be just as good. 

@mishanyc there are some excellent mediheal masks

@lmaster I have a firming Collagen one from them that I'm thinking of trying next. Are you familiar with that one?  I'm looking for firming and hydrating things. I'm thinking of stepping up my skincare game with retinol or something similar. 

@mishanyc I'd have to see the packaging to be sure, definitely sounds good to add retinol into your routine

@mishanyc  That sounds really nice! Refreshing is definitely a plus for this time of year! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint Thank you. And the weather is supposed to be warmer this weekend so I'm looking forward to cooling off with another one.

@mishanyc, thatโ€™s great that you noticed a brighter complexion from the mask! ๐Ÿ˜ Very cool and sweet of your friendโ€™s mom to bring goodies from Korea. โ™ฅ๏ธ Have fun with your new treats. 

@itsfi Yes, I love that I saw instant results. She brought a few more goodies I'm looking forward to trying out ๐Ÿ˜‰

Last Week's E for escargot ๐ŸŒ

E - escargot.jpg

Spoiler
Dr. G Royal Black Snail Cream Mask checks off a lot of boxes for me, including:
โ˜‘๏ธ 2-piece sheet mask  
โ˜‘๏ธ fits well  
โ˜‘๏ธ adheres beautifully  
โ˜‘๏ธ wears comfortably   
โ˜‘๏ธ snail mucin is high up on the INCI list - it's the 2nd ingredient listed! ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒ 
โ˜‘๏ธ cream serum 
โ˜‘๏ธ feels silky and comforting against the skin
โ˜‘๏ธ moisturized, glowy skin without any tack or stickiness after 30 minutes of wear

This is the first time I've run across a mask that identifies itself as an "elastic" sheet mask so I was intrigued, though Iโ€™m pretty sure Iโ€™ve used similar masks that just didnโ€™t market itself as an elastic sheet mask. There is a certain pliability to the material that gives it a stretchy, gauzy look and feel, and makes it easy to adjust for a better fit.

The mask claims to firm and lift, but a quick glance over the INCI list leads me to think brightening, soothing and nourishing might be more fitting claims. Turns out, except for the lifting claim, I experienced all those results after my usual half hour masking session. I didn't expect to see any lifting but was pleasantly surprised to feel a slight firmness to my under eye area, which made me to wonder whether this line includes any of those under eye patches / masks. It does not, but there is an eye cream in this collection. I would repurchase this mask, and may even pick up a couple of other skincare products from the line.

@itsfi  Oh man. I was hoping it had an eye mask. Too bad. Glad the results were awesome!!! 

Me too @ather! Maybe one day โ€ฆ ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ 

21,372 Replies
testing