Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Great comparison @ShortErica  and a perfect time of year for a watermelon extravaganza!  I love your sheet!

Thanks @missjeanie! It was such a happy accident to fall into the watermelon masks so I went with it.

Lovely comparison, @ShortErica! I always forget the Biobelle has a pretty print, the Peach one is fun, tooπŸ‘πŸΌ

I have a few bioBelle from unicorn mail and they are on my list to try soon @eshoe. One of them has a rainbow cake picture that I'm using this week πŸ˜

Oh perfect, @ShortErica πŸŒˆ!

Love this watermelon comparison, @ShortErica! I don't think I've seen the Masqueology one but it sounds like it turned out well!

Yes, I'd love a truer watermelon scent but otherwise it checks the boxes for me @quspork 

Now I'm super curious about the masqueology watermelon! @ShortErica love your battle!!

Do you have a watermelon favorite @lmaster? I remember trying Glow Recipe in the past but there's probably lots of watermelon masks to try.

Purlisse has a great one too @ShortErica 

@ShortErica  I am loving this watermelon mash up!! They all had super cute packaging too. I may have one or two of these in my stash so I might have to dig them out and use them to compare!!! 

Sometimes dedicating a bit of time for a comparison is so worth it. I definitely recommend it @ather. Even with notes about the masks, it's hard to figure out which is the winner. Watermelon is so perfect for this weather and I can't wait to see what you think of them!

@ShortErica  I love watermelon!! I even have one of the Sephora watermelon masks!! The weather where I live is leaning towards fall already. It’s cold out. But I can’t complain we had a great summer!!

@ShortErica  Oooh, love a watermelon duel! πŸ‰ I had no idea I'd given you so many watermelon masks, but it makes sense because I love watermelon and these are some of my favorites! 

It is super annoying how some masks have their star ingredient(s) so far down in the list - it does seem that all of BioBelle's new masks are like that.
Glad they all turned out great!

I was like, hey it's @Shosh85, and Shosh and Shosh again - thank you again! Yes, bioBelle seemed like it was effective despite having those ingredients at the bottom but yeah, a bit disappointing. The other thing I loved was that each of these masks had good size philtrum areas - nothing skimpy!

This week’s 3-step mask from Missha, thanks to the recent motm πŸ“¦ 

E058BEF2-3C60-47E3-8BC6-3C4D2765918E.jpeg

Spoiler
My skin has been so disagreeable this week. I’ve had a few blemishes along my jawbone and dots haven’t been helping, so I was hoping some exfoliating would help. This was the second (or third?) time I’ve tried the Youth To The People Yerba Mate Resurfacing + Exfoliating Energy Facial with Enzymes + Niacinamide 2...., and I still don’t have any strong feelings about it one way or another. Lots of tiny granules, so I was extra careful when rinsing off.

This Missha 3-Step Nutrition Mask starts with Essence, which I’ve come to appreciate more as I’ve made it part of my skincare routine. It seemed superfluous at first, but that’s how I felt about serum a few years ago, tooπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ I think as a first step, it’s a great choice. This essence felt more like a rich serum, with a clean laundry-type scent. Step two, the mask, was a thicker, soft and stretchy fabric that felt lovely but fell away from my face to the point that I removed it after about 15 minutes of struggling. My skin felt quite soft and hydrated. Since step three was the hydrating cream, I went through my final steps and then applied it last. It was pleasant enough, no irritation so that was a plus. It’s not a mask I would repurchase, but I loved having the opportunity to try it, so a very big thank you and hug to the person who included it in the box, it was greatly appreciated!

@eshoe that's what I love about motm, getting to try new ones out 😊

Me too, @lmaster. It’s all about the adventure, doesn’t matter if they are good or bad☺️

@eshoe  Too bad you don’t have thoughts on the YTTP I’ve been debating it for a bit. I might have to see if I have a sample. I totally agree with you about serums. A few years ago I didn’t use them but now I can’t get enough!!!

@atherI guess as much as I love physical exfoliatants, I realize they are not a good match for my normal/dry skin. I love them, but tend to overuse them as a result. The granules in this one are small, but noticeably rough. If your skin can handle it, this might be a brilliant fit for you. It’s fun to use and I love the brand overall; the Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz/ 60 mL is my all-time favorite daytime moisturizer.

@eshoe  In the summer I might be able to get away with a physical exfoliate but in the winter I think I am to dry!! I will definitely check that moisturizer out!! Thank you!

12,394 Replies