Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through the challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: โ€œFavorite Mask in Your Regular Routineโ€ - the lovely @itsfi would like to know - which mask do you buy in bulk, to always have on hand? 

Letter of the Week:  S

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Rock On ๐ŸŽธ  and B's 

IMG_20210111_011608.jpg

-Animated Llama would make for a good band name, or maybe a DJ name? This Brightening mask works about as well as the similar Creme Shop masks. They're more cute than effective. The fit wasn't great, no discernable scent, wear time 25+ min. A bit brightening, a bit hydrating, not as cute as the penguin. C

-Generation Clay could be like a 90s style alt rock band name. Or a Clay Aiken cover band? This is a fine Clay mask, not my favorite, but nicely works to get into pores without over drying (if follow the wear time). I prefer the Origins, but for anyone who doesn't like how exfoliating that one is, this would be a good option. 

-Dragon's Blood is SUCH a good band name. I'd go see them when this is all over. These were both fine. The eye masks help depuff and brighten my under eye. The lip mask was difficult to apply and I eventually figured out to take the second mesh, and the gel mask got all twisted. I eventually got it right and it was nicely hydrating (the night before I'd done a lip scrub, so my lips needed a little more TLC). Overall good. I wouldn't repurchase either, but would use again. B/B-

-I love the Hanalei masks, and the Lychee soothing one was no exception. I needed it after using the following two. 

-Timeless Beauty Bar. Ooof these both were terrible. I got them from Ipsy. The Face the Day was a rough, paper texture which irritated my skin. I barely had it on 5 min and had to take it off. Maybe not enough a serum? But wow, was that a dream compared to the Glam and Glow one. This was immediately irritating and started to burn/tingle a bit. I took it off and things seemed okay that night but my skins been extra sensitive since then. Blah. D-/F

Ingredients: 

Spoiler
IMG_20210111_011654.jpg

Your band names are excellent!! @haleyvvvv 

Thank you, @lmaster!!

Love the band names @haleyvvvv๐Ÿ˜ I'm looking forward to using that lychee mask; just have to work my way through a few more in the bin first. Does it smell like lychee?

Thank you, @itsfi!! The mask didn't really have a lychee scent.

B is for Balancing

IMG_20210108_204520173.jpg

โ€ƒ

• This is a naturally fermented coconut gel mask that is sandwiched between two protective layers.
  • The fit was good, inner eye holes needed snipped and was just a smidge into my hair line around the forehead. I also found it easy to apply this gel mask, others I've used have not cooperated as well as this one
  • The scent did remind me of pine sol but not overpowering, think of a light lemon scent with a touch of clean/ chlorine scent mixed in.
  • Not much extra serum in the package
  • Wear time was 15 minutes, with the witch hazel, I didn't want to go too long and potentially dry out my skin
  • Results: my skin did feel more hydrated and clean and balanced. The redness around my nose had also subsided
  • This is a good gel mask, I could see myself repurchasing this one after I get through more of my stashIMG_20210108_204537653.jpg

โ€ƒ

A non-overpowering Pine-Sol scent @lmaster??! I'll keep that in mind. Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ It boggles my mind that brands have such a seemingly hard time coming up with a lemon scent that doesn't smell like a household cleaning product. Or, that no one thinks it's an issue when doing QC on the mask. It's just a bit odd - did someone on the QC team think "oh wow, this smells like Pine-Sol, but not in an overwhelming way. I like it. This will be good."?? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ™„

Leaders was one of the first brands I tried when I started using sheet masks. I remember thinking this line was just okay, but I have a feeling that may be because I didn't fully appreciate sheet masks because now I find coconut gel masks to be wonderful. Making a note to pick up one from this line. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi I agree! I have had some masks that were extreme on the lemon cleaner scent, this one really wasn't bad, probably not everyone's cup of tea ๐Ÿ˜‰ but did enjoy it

@lmaster  Sounds like good results! I like how it reduced redness. The pine sol scent doesn't sound too appealing, though. I always enjoy how you describe smells! ๐Ÿ˜„

Hahaha!!! @PrettyPaint it really want ya bad scent, but the lemon clean you couldn't miss if you stick your nose in there ๐Ÿ˜‚

I chose the belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask 2.53 oz/ 75 mL because I think aqua bomb would be a good band name (it also has a b in it). I liked the texture of the mask and it soaked in quickly, which was good seeing that itโ€™s a sleeping mask. I didnโ€™t see much of a change in my skin. I didnโ€™t like that it had a lot of fragrance and essential oils, so I wonโ€™t be repurchasing. 

@Piglylet, I'd go to an Aqua Bomb concert. ๐Ÿ˜‰  I do like how quickly it absorbs into the skin; it's one I prefer more in the warmer months. Sorry to hear this one isn't a good fit for you; good news is that there are a lot of sleeping masks out there to choose from. Is there a sleeping mask that you are partial to?

@Piglylet I feel like this one is actually more suited for me as a daytime moisturizer ๐Ÿ˜†

I'm sorry it didn't work for you, @Piglylet, despite the good band name!! Good to know about the fragrance.

@Piglylet  Aqua Bomb would be a great band name! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Sorry it didn't work for you! The first thing I noticed, was how high the alcohol denat is, which something I personally try to avoid. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

PSA: This was first posted by @SportyGirly125 on the 2021 Product Releases Thread. Looks like Ilia is coming out with its own lip mask, for anyone interested.

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/2021-PRODUCT-RELEASES-THREAD/m-p/5705323/highli...

Ilia Lip Mask.PNG

ILIA Lip Wrap Clean Hydrating Lip Mask 0.34 oz/ 10 mL 

@itsfi oh this looks like something Iโ€™d really like.  I have to do a lip product declutter soon to both kick out any disappointing products and make room for fresh ones.  Iโ€™ll be happy if I can declutter half a drawer.  

Ohhh, motivation sparked!! I could really benefit from a lip product declutter @heartsmyface! ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi   Everything gets out of control so quickly!  I can only imagine weโ€™re all in need of a little clean out.  My end goal is to leave 2021 is slightly less than I entered it with, including new purchases.  Sounds easy but I know it wonโ€™t be.

Love the name on this, @itsfi. Sounds like a product that would protect my lips! 

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

B is for B12

BBE5F6C5-C04F-44E0-904A-E1FEEE268E23.jpeg

Spoiler

The Creme Shop B12 Complex Face Mask

This is a medium thickness cotton sheet mask that was saturated with serum and had a fresh & clean/floral kind of scent. It had a typical Creme Shop fit - too long, too wide and the space between the eyes was too wide. This one also had eye flaps. Despite the big fit it adhered well and was comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. There wasn't any tackiness after removing. My face felt soft and smooth and maybe just lightly hydrated, but that's about it.

This one was pretty unimpressive and I wouldn't repurchase.

D18CB351-CB40-49BB-9B9B-4C4208C04AA8.jpeg

9,657 Replies
Photos1,704
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg