Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

More details. I did further research and here's what I learned:

• reusable
  • silicone mask
  • claims: reduce / eases puffiness, tones down redness, diminishes dark circles, relieves tension
  • there are pockets situated above the brows, along the cheekbones and jawlines that are filled with metal beads for cooling
  • Before use, you put the mask in the freezer for a minimum 30 minutes 
  • To use, fasten mask with the velcro straps and keep on the mask for 10 minutes during which time, you massage the metal beads on the pressure points - this is said to ease headaches and tension
  • Results: Claims that after 8 weeks, testers reported their skin felt lifted by 253%, more firm by 238% and that fine lines and wrinkles looked less prominent by 52% [NOTE: just reporting on what was claimed; unsure how they arrived at some of these percentages]

I found the above information in an article on Get The Gloss website, titled "Charlotte Tilbury's New Ice Mask Promises Firmer, Lifted Skin in 10 Minutes". 

@Sunnysmom @missjeanie @eshoe @quspork @lmaster @PrettyPaint @ather @Shosh85 

@itsfi I will try a reusable mask that lifts my skin 253%πŸ™ƒ β€¦and it has pockets?πŸ€— @ather @lmaster @missjeanie @PrettyPaint @quspork @Shosh85 @Sunnysmom 

Yeah @eshoe, I could see not being so sure about this one if it only lifted the skin by 252%. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

@itsfi that is serious stat! I would have loved to have been in on the study. Maybe somedayπŸ˜„

@eshoe, we should do our own study. I wonder if we'd come up with the same percentages. πŸ€”

@itsfi @ather it is on my to-do list!

E6DAF6C8-6C29-4D55-A10B-6EA7C731A96F.gif

 

@eshoe  Hmmm I love when my dresses have pockets maybe masks with pockets is the next cool thing πŸ₯Ά

I love pockets, @ather, don’t we all? I am appreciating the value of hidden ones more and more, too. They tend to not lose stuff. I was out in nature this week and when I didn’t have on my sweatshirt with pockets, I kept trying to place my hands there. Thankfully I had backup pants’ pockets.

@eshoe  Oh no I hate when I do that and I’m wearing leggings. So no pockets to be found!! 

Yeah, the key pockets are nice but I need lipgloss pockets @ather β˜ΊοΈ

Excellent point @ather @eshoe ! I β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️ pockets in my dresses or skirts. It could be a huge plus with a sheet mask. Even better if there was a feature on the mask that let you snack or drink while masking. 

F98974A8-D2FB-42D5-A7C4-3821BA8D69F8.gif

πŸ˜‚ 

Those might be called two-part hydro-gels, @itsfi @ather πŸ˜‚

@eshoe @itsfi  I guess we can always dream πŸ’­ 

@itsfi  Thank you so much for the added info on this. I agree that the "data" sounds a little sketch, but I'm still interested in trying it out. 

@PrettyPaint, definitely let us know how it performs if you pick it up. The cooling sounds like it would be nice when the weather heats up 

@itsfi thank you for your extensive research!!

@lmaster, no problem. Hope it was helpful.

Thank you @itsfi . It sounds like something to try that’s for sure. I love those % CT use! πŸ˜‚ But firming! Lifting! I’m in! Will be looking for feedback if some of you guys get it too. 

@Sunnysmom @itsfi  I scoffed at the percentages too… like how do you even come up with that lol! I think I prefer the β€˜Fi’ measure X out 10 maskers extraordinaire better lol

πŸ˜‚me too @missjeanie ! Agree, much better new scientific term- β€˜Fi’ measurement! πŸ˜„

@missjeanie @Sunnysmom, I almost didn’t include the percentages they claimed because I had no idea how they came up with them. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ Or how they could arrive at them. I’m not great with numbers but I furrowed my brows when I read it. Hmmm… maybe that’s what they want - creasing / wrinkling my forehead at the numbers and then β€œneeding” the mask to help with the wrinkles. πŸ˜‚ 

12,486 Replies