Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster The instructions said to press them when I put it on and then again before taking it off. It wasn't unpleasant or anything, it just didn't really seem to do anything. 

I know pressure points in the face have some part in relieving stress @Kim888 or something... Now I can't remember exactly 

@Kim888, sorry the pressure points on this one didn't work out for you either. The concept is interesting and makes you curious; it's too bad it didn't pass muster. One of the rare occasions when Mediheal missed the mark.

FE1E5518-73B5-4346-BC9F-A8A8130BBCC4.jpeg

โ€ƒyou guys MUST get into this mask. The light exfoliation properties and the enzymes in this mask slowly breakdown all of the dead skin and rough patches on your face. Itโ€™s almost like a resurfacing treatment all within only 2 minutes !

@Bparker73  I've been curious about this one! Happy to hear it works great for you!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Bparker73, this reminds me that I have a promo sample of this resurfacing treatment. Nice to hear that you like it.

@Bparker73 so glad to hear this is working so well for you

H for Hanskin Hyaluron

H - Hanskin Hyaluron.jpg

Spoiler

This soft, thin, pink-hued microfiber sheet of the Hanskin Real Complexion Hyaluron Moisture Mask is saturated in a clear, medium thick essence that to my nose, has a slightly herbaceous scent. Given the mask is said to be free of pigment, it seems that its pink shade comes from the French rose water and strawberry and raspberry extracts. Adherence was good and fit was better than the typical sheet mask in that the only adjustments I needed to make were to cut away about 1-1/4"from the chin and jawline and to make a few minor incisions to the lower inner eye area to help the material lay flat against my nose bridge. The mask started to dry up in certain areas (i.e., philtrum) around the 30-minute mark, which is when I removed it. There's a good amount of extra essence in the packet that could have been layered atop the mask to extend the wear time. The tack that results is noticeable but not uncomfortable. Results-wise, skin looks and feels refreshed, hydrated and more plump. I feel that similar results could be had with other sheet masks but fit and feel of the microfiber sheet on this one lends itself nicely to unwinding after a long day, making this a mask I would happily use again or gift - a "nice to have" mask but not necessarily a "must have" one. 

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original is an oldie-but-goodie. I have a few mini sizes that I like to refill as I work through the tub, and leave in various places around the house and my desk at work.

@itsfi  Sounds like a winning combo!!  I like that you leave lip masks all over the place ๐Ÿ˜‚

@ather, it started out as a quick way to redistribute the number of lip balms that collected at the bottom of my handbag or nightstand - Iโ€™d place one in the laundry room, on the side table, in a kitchen drawer, etc., but it has turned out to be quite useful, especially with masks making my lips more prone to dryness.

@itsfi  Such a brilliant idea!! I left part of one at work and in my work bag in case my lips dry out but I might put more around my house now! 

@itsfi ooh, Hanskin! Thanks for your review ๐Ÿ™‚ Havenโ€™t see that brand for a whileโ€”itโ€™s not trendy on the โ€˜gram etc these days (tho it was all the rage in Korea when BB cream debuted). Chokchok plump skin, always a plus! I liked your detailed review ๐ŸŒทcutting K-masks up always annoys me a bit (mixed-race so the facial contours donโ€™t fit me) but worth it. Curious Q, open to everyone: what do you do with the extra essence in the packet? I know a lot of ppl who slather it on their neck/dรฉcolletรฉ. 

i think Iโ€™m the one person whoโ€™s never used a lip mask. Just Aquaphor!

@thomasinaC, Aquaphor is great! A very versatile product. 

Yeah, I'm sure the Hanskin mask has been around for a couple of years now; just getting around to it now. It's a nice one. I have to make cuts to about 99.8% of the sheet masks I've use. I've gotten used to it, but when there are ones that come around, like this one, that has fewer areas where I need to make incisions. 

For me, I tend to use the extra essence in the packet as part of my essence / serum step during the next skincare routine.

@itsfi  This one sounds pretty decent. Hydrated and plump is always a good thing! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, absolutely! Love me some hydrated, bouncy skin. ๐Ÿ˜ I like that the microfiber material on this one is on the thinner side. I think if I used this mask a couple years ago, it would have liked it even more. That's not to say it isn't good, it is; just seems like the more masks I try, the higher the bar for what is considered a mask I love. ๐Ÿ’–

H is for hydrating...in theory 

IMG_20210816_124725941.jpg

• Very thick cotton sheet, not very saturated
  • Fit was long at the chin and wouldn't stay put
  • Scent was lightly perfumed
  • Wear time was 20 minutes
  • Not impressed with this one, I wouldn't buy these again
  • Touch of hydration, very minimal moisturization
  • No lasting tackiness was the major plus hereIMG_20210816_124729909.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster  To bad this one wasnโ€™t a winner.  Ingredients look decent. 

@ather I know,, maybe it's too close to expiration too (October) so it's drying out ๐Ÿคท

Thatโ€™s disappointing @lmaster - I always have high hopes for coconut masks!

@Kim888 major flop in my book! Material can really make or break a mask for me sometimes

That's a shame. Sorry this one didn't work out, @lmaster.

21,372 Replies
testing