Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi Yay. You got your plushie too. She risked it all to send us them. 

@SportyGirly125 I did. I felt a little piece of my soul chip away. HAHAHA.

@Samtian Awww.....you are slowly warming up to avocados....j/k

@SportyGirly125, the plushie is a definite avocaDO. ๐Ÿฅ‘ Very thoughtful and generous of @Samtian

@itsfi  This is one of those masks I'd pick up just for the packaging ๐Ÿ˜‰ - sounds decent enough. Does it get as cold by itself as it would if placed in the fridge? Not a bad idea if you don't want to wait for it to cool.

..... and by the way, I'm more of a glamping kind of girl myself ๐Ÿ˜‰

"This is one of those masks I'd pick up just for the packaging" ~ that about sums up how this ended up in my cart @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜ It looked fun! 

It didn't feel like it cooled very much by itself; after I broke the packet and mixed it up, it felt a smidge cooler than before, but not by much at all. I'll try the other one I have and see if user error or a dud mask was at fault with this one. 

Hahaha! Glamping definitely. ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’… I made a comment the other day about using a mask that might be good to take with you when you go camping, and wow, shosh! The looks and raised eyebrows I received. The best commentary from the peanut gallery was "you go camping?" lol! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ 

I for I found one I love!

2A2BC55B-8423-48AF-B012-F3F4B3B9D778.jpeg

Spoiler
I havenโ€™t tried too many single-use hair masks like the Tony Moly Minions Glow Hair Treatment Mask, so my expectations were remarkably mediocre. until I opened the package.

The scent that greeted me was warm and subtly spicy. It was familiar, and reminded me of honey and frankincense. This was a very unusual greeting. It reminded me of the Kรฉrastase Nutritive Blow-Dry Primer for Dry Hair 5.1 oz/ 150 mL in scent. It was a medium thickness, with small, orange sphericals throughout, similar to the little blue ones in certain hand sanitizers. Again, unexpected but welcomed! When I removed the mask cap from the other side of the packet, I was surprised to find a smidgen of the actual mask itself inside of the cap. I placed it on my head and wore for around 45 minutes. During this time, I opened the Dewytree Hibiscus 100 mask. I had high expectations for this, as the Cica version from this line had calmed my skin a number of times. 

The scentโ€ฆhmmm. A bit like hairspray/salon. It wasnโ€™t overwhelming, just noticeable when first opening. The sheet itself was quite stiff, similar to three-folded paper towels found in public places. The fit was off, and before I could grab my scissors, I could feel a bit drop into my eye. I quickly worked to remove that, and have never been more grateful for a single-ingredient mask. I then snipped out a generous crescent shape under both eyes, and hoisted it up to cover my forehead. In the meantime, the drippy, stringy serum was continuing to decorate my dรฉcolletรฉ and sink. At this point, I was debating just removing it and moving on with my life.

Thankfully, I left it on while letting my hair marinate. After removing, I found little to no tack, and skin that appeared smoothed. Thank goodness for those results, but I wonโ€™t be using this one again.

I then rinsed the Minions Mask out of my hair, which at this point felt exceedingly soft. I decided to style my hair, and was again โ€˜wowedโ€™ at just how luxurious my skin felt. If this mask was sold individually, in a jar, I would 100% buy it.

Hair Mask Ingredients:
Spoiler
45948468-D266-42C6-8549-7F9977B2E271.jpeg

Even ceramides, yay! It does have dimethiconol. Which would probably weigh my hair down in the long run. But I would still love to make this a regular part of my hair diet.

@eshoe 

Oh Minions! How cute!

@missy94612 and on sale, even cuter ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe  Great mask and minions is there a better duo. I donโ€™t think so!!! Hmmm thatโ€™s to bad this mask was so troubling because of the results. I wonder if you could pull some of the essence out before applying the mask and apply the essence after. Nothing worse then essence running into your eyes. 

If the essence was more appealing, @ather - I would certainly give it another go with a DIY sheet! Some packets get discarded with a lot of serum remaining; this unfortunately was one of them.

But YES to the Minions hair mask! Such a sweet little unexpected surprise๐Ÿฅฐ

@eshoe, this reminds me I have the hibiscus mask from this line still to try; the hairspray scent serves as a good warning, thank you. Not sure my nose is going to like that. I hear "hair spray" and I think Aqua Net from my youth.

@itsfi  Omg yes thatโ€™s exactly what I was picturing as well. Good ole aqua net. 

@itsfi that is exactly the scent I recognized ๐Ÿ˜„ It wasnโ€™t overpowering, and you may even notice something different, who knows. At one time in my life, I grew hibiscus bushes, and I couldnโ€™t detect a scent, despite trying. 

@eshoe  I haven't had a lot of luck with the Tony Moly brand, but this hair mask sounds like it's definitely worth trying! The cute minion packaging is a nice bonus!

The scent on the sheet mask sounds interesting ๐Ÿค” Too bad it was such a mess!

As far as sheet masks go, Tony Moly hasnโ€™t been a hit for me either, @Shosh85. I am glad I took a chance on this, though - it was excellent:)

Is there extra to where you could "depot" it into an empty moisturizer container? @eshoe 

There was no extra, @lmaster. I wish! I think someone with thick hair might struggle to squeeze enough out of the package for even one use.

@eshoe thanks! Good to know

@eshoe Oooh the way the hair mask smells sounds divine!

It was amazing, @Samtian. My biggest gripe is that it is truly a one-time use mask. I would have loved to have squeezed a couple used out of it๐Ÿ˜‚

21,372 Replies
testing