Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Masks that Make You Hungry ๐Ÿ˜‹Is it the scent..or the packaging? Which masks make you crave a yummy treat? It is no surprise that this weekโ€™s delicious theme is brought to you by none other than @itsfi! ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿต

Letter of the Week:  U

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@heartsmyface A mud sheet mask? That sounds interesting.

The TCFS Multi Vitamin B5 Mask expires at the end of the month so Iโ€™m getting it used up.  Itโ€™s serum is light and creamy, is near unscented but i can detect a subtle floral scent.  Itโ€™s pleasant.  The mask itself is a too pieced white cotton that needs to be removed from a plastic sheet.  It conforms very well with my only complaint being that the nose is a bit long but thatโ€™s easily fixed by folding the tip back.  Thereโ€™s lots of extra creamy serum to apply to the neck and arms.

This mask claims to be both hydrating and brightening with 1000ppm of a vitmain B derivative and to be soothing.  I didnโ€™t notice any intense brightening but itโ€™s definitely soothing and left my skin feeling so very hydrated!   This is going to be a certain repurchase!   Wonderful mask!

EE32039F-E384-4CB3-8EB5-B01C5CAE7783.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface  I haven't seen this one yet, but it definitely sounds like one I need to watch out for! Happy to hear you loved it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@heartsmyface  I'm definitely putting this one on my list. Looks great!

@heartsmyface these results are crucial for this time of year ๐Ÿ™Œ

Hmmm might that be a newer TCFS mask, @heartsmyface ๐Ÿค” anything but the egg one! I donโ€™t see many (if any? This might be a first) two piece cotton masks. That alone makes me curious enough to try it.

@eshoe   Iโ€™m not sure if itโ€™s a newer mask.  I hadnโ€™t seen it before coming across it at Walmart. Comparison wise, it is a less slimy version of the egg cream mask which I also love but donโ€™t see around as much.  

Wakey wakey! This mask was a nice morning mask- not too heavy, not tacky and non-pilling. I do not recall a scent (meaning if there was one, it wasn't bothersome or strong).  ....this would also make a good band name ๐Ÿ˜‰

PXL_20210106_140626971.jpg

โ€ƒ

@l8totheparty  Definitely makes a great band name! So happy you enjoyed this one!  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@l8totheparty  I like that for a band name! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ohhh pomegranate... @l8totheparty great band name too ๐Ÿ˜‰

@l8totheparty   This has got to be the best band name so far!    A pomegranate mask with no pomegranate scent?  Oh well! 

Ha, yes, โ€œJump Startโ€ sounds like the next boy band, @l8totheparty ๐Ÿ˜‰

A is for Annieโ€™s Way Blueberry bubble tea mask๐Ÿซ8568C879-4224-4B65-B6FD-A190326EC53D.jpeg

44D42BF9-F6A6-4810-9EE4-120E828D2274.jpeg

I really enjoyed this mask. It had a lovely blueberry scent. The sheet was thin and it fit pretty good. It was just a bit wide. I left it on for 20 minutes and there was still plenty of serum to massage in to my face. My skin felt very moisturized, soft, and smooth. I would definitely use this one again. Thank you so much @lmaster for sending it to me!

@faeriegirl these are so good!! So happy you enjoyed it!!

Wow blueberry ๐Ÿซ, yum @faeriegirl! Annieโ€™s Way is another brand that has the best fruity-scented mask. 

Oooh, blueberry scented @faeriegirl? Sounds wonderful! Have you tried all the different flavors from this line?

@itsfi  I have several more from this line that @lmaster sent to me. One of my resolutions is to get back in a consistent masking routine, so hopefully I will try them soon!

@faeriegirl  I still have this one in my stash to try, so I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it! The scent sounds wonderful! ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿ˜‹

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

C for Collagen

Fit?not bad, the thin silky material made it easy to move around to fit better 

Smell?faint but did get some mango. But it could be my stuffed nose

Consistency?WATERY. It made a bit of a mess removing it from the pouch. But it had enough to use elsewhere-hands, neck, more on your face, rub some extra on your kids as they walk by...hahahha.

Ease of use?no issues

Would I  purchase/try again? The serum was sticky & shiny when first dried down but after a few minutes it completely soaked in without tack. It does give you soft skin but it didn't really moisturize enough.๐Ÿคท..& I don't think my face was on bad shape. I forgot to check out for the brightness. im happy to use up my box & if i found more, i would buy again but probably not my favorite. This has a far enough away exp date for me to try

1208201224.jpg

โ€ƒ

again in the summer or since its FL next week....๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ–

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@sonnydee, this one does sound like it would be a nice one in warmer temperatures / climates. Will be interested in hearing how it performs for you under different circumstances... and if you pick up more of the mango scent. ๐Ÿ˜Š Hope you are feeling better! 

9,810 Replies
Photos1,727
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg