Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

I just went into one a couple weeks ago @itsfi mainly for the novelty to be able to go inside stores again because I'm in a no/low buy zone. Same about of evil temptations like always.

@Weetart, it's nice to know some things haven't changed! So much temptation in those stores! πŸ˜‚ Definitely hear you on the novelty of being in a store again and your no/low buy, especially with masks for me. 

@Weetart  Too Faced definitely has some super cute products/packaging and that mirror is adorable! Glad you enjoyed this one! πŸ˜ƒπŸ

The mirror is trΓ¨s adorable for sure! @Shosh85 The packaging is very very solid. I wish I could think of a use for it when I'm finished.

That mirror is what caught my eye, @Weetart  - it is so, so cute! Good to know about the mask, I was interested in knowing more about that one, so I appreciate the feedback πŸ™‚

@eshoe it truly is a hydrating mask (for my normal/oily/dry combo skin). The smell was absolutely like a real pineapple.

And saved the best for last. Probably my favorite TCS mask not only for the scent, the fit-its almost perfect for my face but how it helps calm my face if it starts getting irritated. The creme shop clear up! It smells like a strawberry milkshake. Paired that with lanolips strawberry. It just occurred to me, this week was full of TCS masks for me!πŸ€—

1011202216_HDR.jpg

 

Ooouh strawberry milkshake, such a delicious scent on this one @sonnydee! This is one I definitely grab if I see it at TJ Maxx or Marshall’s. 😍

@sonnydee  Glad to hear you love this one! It's definitely a top favorite for as well! πŸ˜ƒ

Way to end the week strong, @sonnydee πŸ‘πŸΌ I used that one sometime recently too, the scent is one of the best☺️

@sonnydee I was very close to using this one today!!

Tonight's mask: masks that make you hungry. And for oranges, at least I think that's a piece of an orange among all that fruitπŸ€”πŸŠL for Line cell sheet

1010202057.jpg

Fit? it fit nicely around the chin area but extra around the temple area & I had to fuss with the above the lip part. It was on the thicker side & tried to creep its way into my mouth. 

Smell?not as citrusy as I was expecting but still there & a nice scent. 

Consistency?the serum was on the thicker side & it nicely saturated the thin mask. I left this on for about 25 min, the upper portion dried out before the bottom. 

Ease of use?might cut off the above lip part

Would I  purchase/try again? Yes, & I was so happy to find boxes at Marshalls. My face feels good with absolutely no tack. 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊

Fresh lip balm in blood orange, paired very nice with this mask!

@sonnydee, the illustration on the Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables always make me hungry and I like every fruit depicted in this particular one - yum! πŸ˜‹ Great pairing with the blood orange lip balm! 🍊 

@sonnydee  Love this one! This is such a great line of masks! Glad you enjoyed it! πŸ˜ƒ

@sonnydee love the combo of the sheet mask and lippie πŸ™Œ

@sonnydee  Yay, Pink Squeeze! My second favorite Bombee Fruitables mask. πŸ™‚ I'm glad you loved it! 

And that lip balm... sometimes I open mine just to inhale it. πŸ˜„ 

Which one is your favorite @WinglessOne ?

@sonnydee @Shosh85 My favorite is Red Squeeze. For me, it's very hydrating and moisturizing, and it reduces my surface redness. It's also one of my favorite travel masks. 

@sonnydee @WinglessOne  I'm curious to know which is  your favorite too! 

So I ended up with a concussion Monday night and subsequent horrendous migraine.  Thought it had only been a few days I finally felt I could shower without causing additional pain to my scalp (it's those little things you know).  So I thought it had been a bit since I had used a few of my masks.  I pulled out the Biossance Rose and Squalane mask which apparently was limited edition since I couldn't tag it and it isn't on their website.  When I got out of the masking habit apparently Vitamin C went to the wayside!  It washed off nicely.  So my O is this - Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL mixed with Biossance Limited Edition Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil Limited Edition Rose  and Drunk Elephant F-Balmβ„’ Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL.  I used 2 drops of Marula and 1-2 of the Rose Oil with 2 pumps of F-Balm to use on my face and neck.  It was refreshing and moisturizing.  Nice to have the Vit C back in the routine.  I've decided to give F-Balm another try when my current bottle runs out.  Maybe that's the concussion or the thought I may be seeing some results.  I've been using it more frequently. 

@MCSSavvy, I hope you are fully recovered, from the concussion and migraines. πŸ’ The combination of products sounds like such a luxuriously decadent treat for the skin! 😍

13,052 Replies