Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

This looks like a great week full of masking, @ather! The citrus and then the peach and some tea tree๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Have you tried the Ceramide EH yet? It has a nice milky serum. I think the Aโ€™Pieu version of that mask has a stronger tea tree scent in case he is interested ๐Ÿ˜†

@eshoe  I donโ€™t think I have tried the Ceramide EH. I think the other EH I have tried was the snail one maybe. Iโ€™ll have to look back at my notes!! But I will definitely try those out! A stronger tea tree would be awesome! Iโ€™ll have to pick one up for my hubby to try! 

@ather Sounds like some great masking experiences. I think I would really enjoy the peach scented mask ๐Ÿ‘

@Mellmars1185  You totally would! It smelled sooo good!

These all were winners for you @ather, and they were all new to you ones? That's excellent luck ๐Ÿฅณ woo hoo!

Good job using up your stash too ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@CynthieLu  All new to me but Iโ€™ve used the brands before! All winners. No complaints. 

All great mask brands @ather! Iโ€™ve not tried that JayJun variety but have had good experience with their masks. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ The Etude House 0.2mm line is a hit on so many levels - hard to go wrong with any variety from that series. Iโ€™m bummed though that they downsized the number of โ€œflavorsโ€ they offer. I understand the need to do so but they retired some that my dry skin looooved. Thankfully, the snail ๐ŸŒ version is still a part of the line!

@itsfi Awww Iโ€™m glad you love these ones too! I would have to say all were so good. I was very pleased with my week of masks!! 

@ather  I saw your masks and immediately thought it was food week.  vitaminsโ€ฆ close enough๐Ÿ˜œ

@heartsmyface  Awww lol. It was more a going to expire in the next 6 months masking! 

I just did a peel/mask combo.  First the Elemis Papaya Enzyme peel.  It is a super gentle papaya scented cream that you leave on for ten minutes.  I felt no tinglingโ€ฆ nothing.  I actually wondered whether it was working but upon removal it was clear it had.  super smooth fresh skin.  

The Caudalie Vinosource Hydra Moisturizing mask has no discernable fragrance.  Sad about that cause I always want their products to smell grapey.  Itโ€™s a cream mask and absorbed beautifully.  So beautifully I almost forgot I was wearing it which led to me wearing it for twenty ish minutes and not the recommended ten.  I donโ€™t think it made any difference as my skin likely absorbed what it could in that first ten.  It never dried down.  My skin is super moisturized now after a peel so it did the job.  

A90F186A-44C2-4241-89AE-709B23DA939B.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface  These sound like an awesome combo! Glad to hear you got some great results!

I always hope for a grape scent in Caudalie too! ๐Ÿ‡

I've never heard of that elemis mask,, papaya?? I'm so curious now @heartsmyface 

So glad to see a review of the Caudalie mask, @heartsmyface! This looks like it was a nice combination. 

@heartsmyface Great combo!!

That combo sounds like it worked out well @heartsmyface 

Oooh Claudalie had (used to?) a foam face wash that was grapey ๐Ÿ‡ scented, it was pretty yummy! In mask form that would be pretty nice I bet!

I never heard of double masking until I started following this thread,  it's such a good idea! Especially after a peel, I can see it being so helpful ๐Ÿ˜‡ 

@heartsmyface  This combo sounds dreamy!! Iโ€™m glad Iโ€™m not the only one who leaves my masks on to long! I usually go to bed and wash the next morning ๐Ÿคฃ

@ather  Ha Iโ€™ve done that but mostly by accident when I zonk out.  Ha, i left a Too Cool For School Egg Mask on overnight and woke up with it fused to my face and the liquid had seeped into my eye and sealed it shut . Ha, that oneโ€™s not safe to sleep in.  

@heartsmyface  Awww maybe thatโ€™s not the best one to leave on all night! 

Iโ€™ve always wondered about that Elemis papaya peel. Sorta kicking myself for always giving it away when Iโ€™d receive it in a gwp promo @heartsmyface. Will have to see if I held back a sample of it.

@itsfi  Itโ€™s nice!  I hope thereโ€™s one hiding in your stash somewhere.  It doesnโ€™t look like anything special does it?  Who knew! 

21,372 Replies
testing