Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

F is for fruit (citrus) and a favorite

E - exfoliating peel.jpg

Spoiler
The Ole Henricksen Power Bright 3-Step Professional Brightening System is one of my favorite masks / peels.

What I Like:  3 steps + [18 - 28 minutes] = smooth, plump, clear, glowy, baby soft skin โค๏ธ It smells deliciously sweet and citrusy and does wonders for helping to fade hyperpigmentation too! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Area(s) for Improvement: Bring. It. Back.

I think there are many here who understand me when I say that it's devastating to know this set has been discontinued. ๐Ÿ™ I stocked up whenever I caught sight of this set at TJ Maxx or Marshalls so I can't whine too much, but it's so disappointing to have to say 'good bye' to truly exceptional products!

@itsfi  Ooo so glad you liked this. I feel like I have one in my stash!! Iโ€™ll have to check now! Sounds amazing!

@ather, this set and the berry peel set from Eminence are my two favorite peels at the moment. Thereโ€™s enough product in each of these OH pods for 2 uses, at least. 

@itsfi  Awwww the results sound so nice. So sad they got rid of it ๐Ÿ˜ž

Yeah, itโ€™s such a bummer @PrettyPaint. Luckily, I am very well stocked! ๐Ÿ˜† 

Ughhhhh no no no @itsfi why discontinue great products ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

I know right @lmaster?! ๐Ÿ˜ก Itโ€™s a trend that needs to die. 

@itsfi "Bring it back" is right!! I'm hoarding the few of these I have left ๐Ÿ˜ข

Exactly @Shosh85! These OH Power Brights are one of the TJM / Marshalls finds Iโ€™m happy to have stocked up on. ๐Ÿ˜† 

E is for everyday masking
Peach Ceramide - Milcera (7 pack).jpg
The key ingredients in the very faint peach-scented Milcera White Peach Face Mask are lactic acid and peach ceramides. The mask claims to firm and moisturize skin. When I started this 7-day pack last week, I was, of course, looking forward to seeing how well the moisturizing claims would hold, but I was also very interested to see whether there would be any noticeable firming effects after using this daily mask pack for a week. Yesterday was Day 7 for daily masking with this mask. 
Spoiler
Material & Essence
The thickness of the material on these cotton fiber masks is what I'd consider to be on par with most standard sheet masks. As with most daily sheet mask packs, the masks hold a decent amount of essence but I wouldn't say they are as heavily saturated or drenched in essence like you would find in single sheet masks. With this Milcera mask pack, though, there is quite a bit of extra essence in the packet that can layered on top of the mask if you choose. I used a peach ceramide mask last year that had a milky serum to it and I had hoped that would be the same here, but that was not the case. While there's a lovely, soft, peach scent to the essence, it's your typical clear, slightly viscous essence that is typical of most sheet masks. It's fine; I just would have preferred a more creamy, milky serum. 

Adherence & Fit
Adherence is fine and the mask can be made to fit the size, shape and features of my face with the usual adjustments to the corners of the eyes, mouth, and length along the chin and jawline. Instructions recommend keeping the mask on for 10-20 minutes and that's a good recommendation. My skin is currently on the dry side and I noticed that around the 20-minute mark, the mask started feeling like it was drying out in the areas where my skin tends to be the driest.

Results
Results-wise, my skin felt more bouncy, supple and slightly more taut in certain areas of my face. It also felt lightly moisturized and hydrated, so this mask's claims seem to be well founded. โค๏ธ My skin was very much on the dry side the week that I put this daily mask pack to the test and it did pretty well. I imagine I would have found it to be even more moisturizing had my skin not been so very dry and am interested in giving this mask pack a try at different times during the year, particularly in the spring. If I've been good, my sheet mask no-buy should end right around the time spring comes so I may just give this mask another go when the warmer weather rolls in. 

@itsfi  A milky serum sounds like it would've been a nice bonus, but I'm glad to hear the results turned great! ๐Ÿ‘

Milky serums in sheet masks are life to dry skin in the winter @Shosh85๐Ÿ’– This one was nicely hydrating and that works too for this dehydrated-combo-leaning-dry gal. ๐Ÿ˜‰ The peachy scent didn't hurt either. ๐Ÿ‘

Definitely adding this one to my need to try, @itsfi. With the peach ceramides and how your skin looked/felt, it sounds lovely!

@eshoe, it's a nice one. I think your skin would like it better in the warmer months; it won't be moisturizing or hydrating enough on its own this time of the year.

@itsfi  Wow. This sounds amazing!!! Glad it worked well for you. Especially during these dry months!!

@ather, I has happy with this one - it has hydrating and moisturizing ingredients in it so it addresses both my dehydrated and dry skin. Oh yes, the first three months of the year are usually the pits for me when it comes to my skin being dry, sometimes December as well - it's easy for my skin to get really dry if I'm not super diligent with my skincare routine and water intake. 

@itsfi these results sound like a dream!! 

@lmaster, it was a nice mask pack; my skin really liked it. Iโ€™d love to see something similar but with a milky or cream essence. I know there are other peach ceramide sheet masks and ones in packs like this; Iโ€™m up for trying them! โ˜บ๏ธ

IMG_20210125_013201.jpg

DillyDelight mask for D week (and I have another packet for E for Egging next (this?) week). I got this a while ago from Ipsy and it needed to be used. I think I put off using it because the packaging was too cute. This was a really good mask.  It was messy, especially to mix with the included spoon, but it was nicely hydrating, cooling and a creamy gel consistency. B+ for results and A+ for cuteness. 

2 masks for numbers week, I think I've mentioned both before:

24k Gold Glow mask from Kazuo Beauty. The best part about this mask is that the serum is gold speckled. It is mildly brightening but the mask is itchy, ill fitting, and didn't hydrate or soothe. D-/F

I think almost everyone's reviewed the 111 skin rose gold brightening masks recently. I really like these masks. I love a hydrogel, they're brightening and just nicely prep the skin. They're a good special occasion mask IMO. Or you got a couple boxes in subscription boxes and now you've got some to use before they expire. I usually have enough work conference presentations or publicity shoots (cringe) to use them, but the first event like that I've had in a year should be next month, so I have to use a couple in the meantime. So, hello Sunday night start the week off with bright skin. A-.

@haleyvvvv that Dillydelight mask brings the biggest smile to my face ๐Ÿ˜„ @lmaster @Shosh85 Love that packaging!!!

Same!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ @haleyvvvv @Shosh85 @eshoe it's too cute to use!! 

9,701 Replies
Photos1,712
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg