Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spot test first @ShortErica it does have a reputation for burning people 😬

Thanks for the warning @sonnydee 

@ShortErica @sonnydee  I tried the GG as a full face mask once and it definitely made my face red. I still love it as a spot treatment though - it works great drying up blemishes!

So sorry you didn't care for the innisfree, I don't personally think it's a dupe. @sonnydee I like both, but I feel they are pretty different

P.s. thanks again for sending me the GR! @lmaster πŸ’šπŸ₯‘

I want mud masks to feel like they did something @lmaster I don't get that with the Innisfree🀷 but it's probably because gg spoils me. 

It's too bad the Innisfree couldn't compete with the Glam Glow, @sonnydee. It's sounds like the Glow Recipe mask worked out really nicely though!

I was scared of the creaminess...usually can't use the ones that say pretty much a certain skin type- dry. But I have had some luck in the past. Tatcha silk cream only in the winter for me, but I love that stuff! @quspork 

@sonnydee, sorry to hear the Innisfree one didn’t agree with your skin. 😞 I like the Innisfree one but I wouldn’t say it’s a dupe either for GG SuperMud. Which GR Avocado Melt is that one - the original version or the one with retinol in it?

I have to look at the foil again. But I think its the original? It doesn't say retinol on this sample.... @itsfi πŸ€” (the pic)

@sonnydee  The GR sounds great! Happy to hear it could help soothe your redness! πŸ˜ƒ

It helped tremendously @Shosh85 my cheek was actually hot to the touch. I was afraid i was going to break out in hives or something but luckily GR to the rescue! 

@sonnydee  Awesome reviews! 

Thanks @ather they are a bit longer than my usual but 🀷i felt it needed a better explanation.

Nice J, @sonnydee! The Glow Recipe sounds better than expected. Haven’t tried that or the eye mask due to the retinol, but I read somewhere it’s a very small amount...around 1%. Now you’ve got me interested in itπŸ˜‰

I haven't tried the eye mask yet but will review when I do @eshoe 

πŸ‘πŸΌ @sonnydee 

@eshoe @sonnydee Yeah, I really liked the glow recipe retinol eye mask. The full face one was too creamy for my face. I was thinking about getting a full size for the winter. I have built up an insane tolerance for retinol, it's the only thing that has consistently kept me from breaking out over the years. I have been considering asking to see a dermatologist if they have a stronger version... because a prescription with my healthcare would certainly be cheaper than the products I purchase.

J is for Jin Jung Sung Snail Honey Jelly Mask

CE34D2AD-A44C-4EAC-BB42-AB436592C1B3.jpeg

Spoiler

Jin Jung Sung Snail Honey Jelly Sheet Mask

This is a super thin tencel sheet mask that was saturated with plenty of slimy serum and had a sort of floral-herbal kind of scent that was pretty light once the mask was on. It had a great fit and was only just a tiny bit too wide at the temples. I kept it on for about a half hour. When I removed there was a little a serum leftover that absorbed quickly and left behind some tackiness that took about 10 minutes to go away. My face looked a little brighter and felt nicely hydrated and my skin had a soft, smooth and bouncy kind of feel.

I enjoyed this one and won't have a problem using up the box I have!

Spoiler
9884434D-494C-4EEE-93F5-F28258B8C507.jpeg

Does sound wonderful @Shosh85! Was this a TJ Maxx/Marshalls find or somewhere else?

@ShortErica  If only I could remember which site I bought it from, haha! I know they sell them on Amazon, but I'm positive that's not where I got it. I feel like I should start writing on my masks where it was purchased πŸ˜‚

12,363 Replies